Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won´t connect to last.fm

Solved!

Spotify won´t connect to last.fm

Spotify scrobbled all my plays to last.fm in my desktop app until couple days ago. I noticed that the connection had gone off and I tried to reconnect them, but spotify said that "invalid username or password" even though they work for me in last.fm

My android phone still scrobbles to last.fm.

Do you think that the problem is Spotify´s and last.fm´s "fault", last.fm is currently updating to a new version, so is that the problem? And how can I fix this situation?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I met the same problem and couldnt figure out why until I decided to created a new account and found out that there were some new regulation on password as follow:

Be at least six characters long
      Contain one or more numbers
      Include at least one of the following special characters: !"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~, or a space
and I realized that the problem might lie in here that my account was registered very early when there were no such regulations so I changed my password as required then I successfully connected!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hello buraa,

You can find the following note @ last.fm : 

We’re currently migrating data (including scrobbles) to our new site and to minimise data disruption, we’ve temporarily suspended some functionality. Rest assured, we’re re-activating features one-by-one as soon as each data migration completes. Keep an eye on progress here.

Hope this helps ; )

Hey Dreadlord,

Looking at your progress website it say that "Authentication of third party apps" should be working, but i'm not being able to connect with my last.fm account on the Spotify Desktop player for Mac and on my Android phone. Any news on that?

Hello lucasfcunha,

That's odd. I can scrobble without any issues from all my devices and it works fine, but I had to request new password.

You can check if your credentials are all right by loggin into the new website. 

Yeah, my login and password are correnct. Could it be that I created the account on last.fm today?

I don't see reason, not to work in this case.

It's best to wait unitl the maintenance is 100% done and check again, but so far I don't have any problems to scrobble from all of my devices ( windows, linux, android ).

Btw what kind of error you are getting when trying to connect spotify to last.fm ?

I'm getting this error:

Re__Spotify_won´t_connect_to_last_fm_-_The_Spotify_Community.png

I'm 100% sure that my password and username are correct. This is happening also with my Android phone.

I'm on the same boat with you. Same problems/issues. None of mine are being recorded nor being connected with spotify with the same error of username/password being wrong when it's 100% right. Even on their progress page it says they canceled out of being unable to have authorization from 3rd given parties and yet here we are with the same issues. I don't want to wait until it's 100% out the new website, lol. It could be because I joined while all these migrating works were happening. But still. Hopefully there's a solution to all these asap. 

Whoever is still having this problem. Following some advices on the internet there might be a simple solution to this. I just changed my last.fm password and tried to connect on my devices and everything worked fine. I would give that a try if you're having this problem.

I had exactly the same problem. Unfortunately, my Spotify-App on Android doesn't like the sign $. I changed it into a different one and got solved. Now I'm a happy scrobbler again.

That solved my problem. The old Last.fm website allowed weak passwords. This new one will only allow authenticating through 3rd-party apps if we set a new stronger password.

I created a last.fm account today, verified email TWICE, reset password THREE times but spotify still won't connect the 2 accounts.  What else can I try to get them connected?

Marked as solution

I met the same problem and couldnt figure out why until I decided to created a new account and found out that there were some new regulation on password as follow:

Be at least six characters long
      Contain one or more numbers
      Include at least one of the following special characters: !"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~, or a space
and I realized that the problem might lie in here that my account was registered very early when there were no such regulations so I changed my password as required then I successfully connected!

I had the same problem. Then I changed my password. And everything is working now.

I think, the root cause was in new requirements of Last.fm. I made my account in 2009, in that period it was ok not to use the special symbol in a password (!@#$%^&*() and so on). Now it's required. So I had added one symbol and succesfully connected to Last.fm from Spotify.

Suggested posts