Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Hi i have problem with spotify, it won't install. I had problem with updating spotify so i tried the solution with copying these 2 files: spotify_installer-1.0.95.289.g342899da-15.exe, update.json but i didn't have the update folder in AppData/Local/Spotify so i unistalled spotify, downloaded the newest installer from spotify.com and the installer won't start. Any error codes won't pop up i only have loadig cursor for few seconds and after that nothing happens. Restarting my computer after the uninstall didn't help.

29 Replies

The current solution didn't work for me. The spotify folder didn't exist in my user profile.

Anyone using the provided solution can get to the different folders easier by typing to the following into an explorer window

%localappdata%   - c:\users\username\appdata\local

%appdata%  c:\users\username\appdata\Roaming

The store applications are installed in the following folder.

C:\ProgramData\Packages. When I tried to open this folder, I received a popup "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". After clicking continue, and going back to the store, and I clicked to download spotify and it installed. Going into the C:\ProgramData\Packages folder, I now have a new folder called SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0, and spotify launches.

I tried to install spotify from the windows store. While installing, i have to "system restore" my windows (i use windows 10) because of something.

I didn't stop or pause the installing process. When i system restore is done. I tried to reinstalling spotify from windows store, but it always failed.

So, i tried to install spotify from the official website, but it didn't work either. And there is this pop-up message.

I already search "spotify" word in my pc, and there are no files nor folder with spotify word.

HELP

IMG20190903174659.jpg

Go to Settings > Apps & Features

See if you can find Spotify on the list, and then uninstall it from there.

Didnt work

1. Download the installer from the Spotify website.

2. Right click the downloaded file 'SpotifySetup.exe'

3. Select 'Troubleshoot compatibility'

4. Let it examine the file and select the recommended option.

5. Test the fix.

6. Should run the installer and install correctly.

7. Allow it to apply the fix and exit troubleshooter.

Same problem here and the above did nothing for my system.

Turned out I could install the Windows Store version.  Did this successfully and then Uninstalled it to successfully re-install the Desktop version.

Despite posts to the contrary, the Desktop version supports drag and drop which the Store version does not so I'm sticking with this for now.

Hope this helps.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If the issue persists, you can give these steps a go. There are some additional troubleshooting steps in the article.

If that doesn't help, it's also a good idea to try installing the app in Safe mode

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue, Spotify should finally fix their installer.

my computer won't even let me do that. it won't let me delete the folders because "the folders are running in another location."

what should i do?

Hi there @crystalOwl,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread. Let's take a closer look into this together.

To start with, can you let us know what troubleshooting you've tried that's been provided in this thread? This will help us not repeat something that you've already done.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts