Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't open!

Solved!

Spotify won't open!

I've just recently started using Spotify in the past month and I love it! However, all of a sudden its not working anymore!

I haven't done anything new or recent to my computer, everything is up to date.

Basically what it does is... it acts like its trying to open like normal (either when prompted or on start up) and then it freezes for a moment and then completely shuts itself down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as installing an older version.

It's still not working. Now it takes me to the login screen and prompts me to login. When I put in the correct information it acts like its trying to log in before completely shutting itself down again.

Help?

I'm using Windows 7.

59 Replies

I don't know why this works, but I just tried it and it did! So thanks!

just delete russian local and it work again thx )

TY!

I removed file ru.mo its working!

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

But the thing is, why would you want to delete all of your data? The data has nothing to do with it.

I did this and Spotify works perfectly now.

I did a thorough uninstall using an uninstaller program to make sure no remnants of the program would remain. Then I did a restart. Then I downloaded the software for my device (Windows, PC desktop with Win 10), installed it and logged in. I had no issues wtih opening it at all. To verify that the software is in working order I closed it and reopened. It's fine now. Good luck.

Having the same issue. I cant install, uninstall, open or even use the web player. I Have looked into my antivirus if that might be a problem. Everything seems to be just fine to properly run spotify, except I cant. I use win10

Same problem, only it works on other computers of mine..

I have an old account not linked to facebook.

I think they are getting rid of the last few with other user names.

The web player which usually sucks, now works, but they almost 

insist on a facebook sign in. My TV app works fine but it is featureless

even more than the " Web Player". I suspect re install  won't work.

Will try tomorrow and see how others are doing.

I still miss  "Library"  and starred     features!!!

Hello,
Im using facebook to log in but spotify wont open full stop.

I have a new macpro.  Spotify simply will not open when I click the icon.  I believe I am paying abouy $10.00 a month.  I have tried following the info on spotify community, nothing works.  I have java script installed and adobe.  I would like to contact them and either have it resolved immediately or quit spotify.  Any advise out there?

@iiRenity wrote:

I've just recently started using Spotify in the past month and I love it! However, all of a sudden its not working anymore!

I haven't done anything new or recent to my computer, everything is up to date.

Basically what it does is... it acts like its trying to open like normal (either when prompted or on start up) and then it freezes for a moment and then completely shuts itself down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as installing an older version.

It's still not working. Now it takes me to the login screen and prompts me to login. When I put in the correct information it acts like its trying to log in before completely shutting itself down again.

Help?

I'm using Windows 7.

If you use Twitter, try tweeting @spotify. Otherwise, try contacting Customer Support via support@spotify.com. Be sure to include your account info and details to the situation at hand, including what you've tried. I'm sure they'll help to resolve the issue. Good luck.

Since you've made several attempts, all of which have been unsuccessful, I'd suggest reaching out via Twitter with a tweet @spotify or via support@spotify.com with your account info and what you've tried. They're very helpful. Good luck.

I downloaded Tutuapp, I installed Spotify++, because I wanted Spotify premium. After it was finish installing, I launched Spotify. The Spotify logo shows up and closes itself and takes me back to home screen. I've uninstalled Spotify++ many times and the Tutuapp less  times. The Tutuapp works fine but Spotify was still doing the the same. Which made me annoyed. For now, I uninstalled Tutuapp and Spotify and I'm giving them a break for couple days. And I'll see what what will happen. If Spotify still does not work. Please help me. 

If you're unable to resolve the issue after multiple attempts,

I suggest that you reach out to Spotify Customer Support

at https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Good Luck.

Don't ask me why, but I managed to solve this problem, by uninstalling spotify, Facebook and Isntagram, and then reinstalling them. For some reason all three of those apps were doing the same thing. The only thing that links them is I use Facebook to log on to both Isntagram and Spotify. 

I'm using Samsung Tab 6, powered by Android.

When I click the Spotify icon, it doesn't open Spotify music, but it opens a log on page.

So I enter my correct details, but it won't accept password.

So I reset password, twice, but it still won't open.

Should I uninstal, or what?

What is the problem, Spotify?

I can't get into my music anymore.

It's left us to subscribers to solve YOUR problems.

Why would I sign up for Premium?

If this is how it works, it's just another failed internet app.

What is the problem, Spotify?

I can't get into my music anymore.

It's left us to subscribers to solve YOUR problems.

Why would I sign up for Premium?

Even 

If this is how it works, it's just another failed internet app. Even captcha doesn't work.

I don't recall experiencing this glitch offhand, but I would try clearing old data, temp files, history, and cookies, and then try a reinstall of the program and see what happens. If it doesn't take, I'd use the link to customer support to report the issue.

THANK YOU for the link!!!

Suggested posts