Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't output through audio interface? Need answers by tommorow please!

Solved!

Spotify won't output through audio interface? Need answers by tommorow please!

I have a Gemini G2V and for the past few months I have used it no problem as an audio through/audio interface for my computer while I'm not DJ'ing. Spotify used to work fine with this but now it doesn't seem to want to play at all when my controller is plugged in. It works fine when the controller isn't plugged in but as soon as I plug it in it says 'This song is not available. If you have it on your computer you can import it.' The controller works awesome and all the drivers are up to date. All the audio for the computer passes through the controller too but Spotify just won't play and I need a solution before Saturday!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sort of solved, the issue came up because the program (virtual DJ) used with the controller uses different audio drivers to what Spotify uses. Spotify would play fine through the controller when virtual DJ wasn't open as there was no driver clash but as soon as you open the program the driver from virtual DJ seemed to take priority. Wasn't able to find a fix other than to close virtual DJ when you wanted to use Spotify.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Try running Spotify from your computer into the interface via the computer's headphone plugin. It's not the best solution, but it solves the problem. Hit me up on Facebook @istudywater

I too am having this problem. Dont have the option to use the headphone jack on my computer. Did you ever manage to solve this? Cheers

Marked as solution

Sort of solved, the issue came up because the program (virtual DJ) used with the controller uses different audio drivers to what Spotify uses. Spotify would play fine through the controller when virtual DJ wasn't open as there was no driver clash but as soon as you open the program the driver from virtual DJ seemed to take priority. Wasn't able to find a fix other than to close virtual DJ when you wanted to use Spotify.

SOLVED: Drivers needed updated

Suggested posts