Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8, and 2 different PCs on different locations

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

For the last week, every time I've tried listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History podcast, it just won't start playing. I listened to it last week, but it suddenly stopped working. It's Show 50 and Show 51 that doesn't work, the others seems to work fine. But since it's a series, I don't want to start on episode 3. I've also tried downloading it, but it just doesn't seem to wanna do that either. I've even reset my phone to factory settings (not on purpose btw) and it still didn't help, not that I expected it to since it doesn't work on my PC either.

So, I suspect there is something wrong with the server the podcast is hosted on, or something else. But I couldn't find a way to contact Spotify directly, so I'm trying here. Any help to get?

3 Replies

This is happening to me too. No idea how to fix the problem. I'm on an iPhone 8 running iOS 12 and on a Macbook running Mojave. 

Same thing is happening to me for both my computer & my phone.

App has been restarted & reinstalled. Episode names are "Show 50 - Blueprint for Armegeddon I" & "Show 51 - Blueprint for Armegeddon II".

Dan Carlin's episodes have been deleted up to and including episode 55 being Blueprint For Armageddon. I was up to episode 52 in the Armageddon series.

What angers me is that I was listening to it yesterday, and it's all gone today. No notification, no heads up, no warning, just gone.

I'm currently looking for another music streaming service. The online help said that content is not available on Spotify because:

"Reasons for this vary: Sometimes agreements are ongoing or can’t be reached with an artist, label, or content provider; or ownership of a track, album, video, or podcast may change hands such that it’s removed from Spotify."

Poor customer service Spotify, very poor.

Suggested posts