Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play any new song I try to play.

Solved!

Spotify won't play any new song I try to play.

Every time I try to play a song that just got released or I've never played for, the song doesn't play (bar not moving, cover art, artist, and song name all missing in bottom left). Any song in my library or previously saved play perfectly, only new songs see this problem. Specific examples are "Dreamcatcher" by Travis Scott and Swae Lee, and "On the Run" by Young Thug and Offset. This problem has only occurred recently. It should also be noted that, when I right-click on one of the song's that won't play, the options of "Go to Artist" and "Go to Album" are greyed out.

Song is shown as playing, but isn't.Song is shown as playing, but isn't.

Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15ISK

Windows 10

29 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

Operating System-Windows 7

Many of the playlists show This playlist is currently empty but the playlists are ok on the smartphone app

Χωρίς τίτλο.png

Thank you !

I got this line in my host file : 

"127.0.0.1 spclient.wg.spotify.com" just add an # and that works directly !

Thank you very much. Worked for me with the issue that many players wouldnt show. I just deleted all the ''0.0.0.0'' starting sentences and its fine now

@Sebasty I love you!

Thanks, it works!

I got the exact same issue

Thanks for the help guys.

I had just had to put a hashtag in front a few lines line in the hosts file

thank you ! i also have my friends back

Aaaaaand it's back to not working right.

Hey @DLD493

Strange! Did you check the hosts file?

If it seems to be edited, you can lock the file up to prevent this. Remove the lines as guided in the previous post, then open File Explorer, go to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

right-click on hosts and select Properties, add a tick to Read-only and then click OK.

Let me know what happens!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts