Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows 10 laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify's worked fine for years, and continues to be okay on my phone. The only issue seems to be on computer. It isn't a network issue, and both the browser and app versions are broken. I've tried most solutions people have suggested on other threads, nothing works. My Java and Flash installations are up to date, the computer plays anything else with no issues at all, etc. 

Every time I select a song in the app, it starts rapidly skipping through the playlist for a few songs, and then stops, giving me the error message, "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it." In browser, meanwhile, it only shows a . as the name of the tab, no matter what I select, and will play the songs, but there's no sound, and they're clearly going by way too fast. 

This has been going on for a few days, and I'd really like to get the issue solved as soon as possible, seeing as I'm paying for something I can't use.

3 Replies

Same thing Has happened to me. 3 days ago it was working fine. I shut down my computer like normal at the end of the day, no windows updates installed then or upon reboot the next morning, and then voila!  Spotify is basically a brick....with the exact same symptoms you describe.  Even after a full uninstall and reinstall....still nothing....but works fine on my Note 8.

I had the same problem, tried everything, what fixed it for me was opening sound, finding my sound device, click on it, select properties , go to advanced and swapping my default format to the same as my recording one was set at, close it and then music started playing, I after changed it back and it still works.

So rightclick on Volume icon in your system tray, click sounds, click playback, click on your sound device whatever that is (mine is Speakers - Sound blasterX AE-5), click properties then Adavnced and select a different format.

Hope this helps 🙂

Qutip, you RULE! Such a simple solution, and it totally worked. Thank you!

Suggested posts