Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play music at all

Solved!

Spotify won't play music at all

Hello, 

Does anyone have a real solution to the fact that spotify doesn't play ANYTHING (neither local nor remote songs). 

I have tried various solutions found on Spotify Community : 

-  Uninstall / reinstall Spotify and Update flash play

-  Update Quicktime

-  Unlick the local files in preferences

-  Change proxy settings

I have been over a month without music and am literally having a depression for not being able to listen to music at work. Plus i'm starting to get annoyed because I have paid a month's subscription for nothing. 

Who thou shalt solve my problem will be sent one kick ass playlist.

Larry

123 Replies

This helped me, I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to listen to any of my music but this helped me, this is a great way to fix when your music won't play and only shows a green tab saying, "You're now listening to Spotify web music" 

If this happens to someone, right-click a song then copy the song link, paste and go on a new tab. hopefully, it helps you. 

Marked as solution

This worked. Thanks a ton. Just copy the song link(right click) and paste it in a new tab. Click play and it should work. Go back to your other songs and it should work too!

I went to Controlpanel -> Sound and my External USB Sound Card didnt pop up. I disconnected it and plugged it back in and problem solved (for now). Thx guys!

This usually happens to me when I have no audio devices plugged to the PC or the wireless are not in sync with it. Just be aware of that you need to have at least one speaker/headpone/anything plugged in and working in order to don't have "Spotify this track is not available if you have the file [..]" message.

Suggested posts