Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play music; skips around in playlist

Spotify won't play music; skips around in playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC (custom)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify will no longer play music through my Logitech speakers. Everything worked fine until a few days ago. When I try to play a song in a playlist, the songs skip around but don't actually play. I've tried reinstalling, clearing the cache, deleting the files that other people recommend deleting, and so-on.

When I plug in my USB headset, everything works fine.

Also, I have a sound card - ASUS Xonar DG - the speakers are plugged into the sound card. All other auto works fine: games, YouTube, iTunes, etc.

I imagine there's some sort of conflict between my integrated sound and the sound card?

3 Replies

Hey there @Yonsei_OPs

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

In case you've noticed unusual playback activity on the Spotify desktop app when using an Asus Xonar sound card it's possible that you're experiencing an issue that we're currently investigating in search for a solution.    

You can check out this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

I have the exact problem with the same setup. Hope it will be solved soon.

Hey there @mohdani09!

Thank for reaching out on the Community.

The issue that you seem to be experiencing is still Under investigation from our tech teams. 

We'd recommend follow the work around steps provided in the Status update and leaving your info in the Ongoing issue thread to help us with the investigation.

We appreciate your patience with this and hopefully we'll have more news soon.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts