Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won´t play music

Spotify won´t play music

Ok so the problem that I have is that on my Desktop (Win 8.1, latest updates etc) Spotify won´t play any music over certain outputs.

If I set my audio output (for the whole pc) to my headset everything works perfectly fine. But when I set it to my Audio Interface (Behringer UMC 1820) it won´t play any songs whatsoever (regardless of downloaded, not downloaded or local files). When I then completely restart Spotify (while the UMC is still selected as an output device) it works again, but only until I change something (skipping a song, changing the playlist, etc). I´ve tried to troubleshoot it and it definetly does not have anything to do with local files, as this problem occurs when those are completely deactivated as well.

The problem seems to become worse when I´m using my phones (Galaxy S7 and S10) as a remote to control spotify.

When this problem occurs, the song won´t play but instead after five seconds there´s a blue pop up at the top of the screen saying "Aktueller Song kann nicht abgespielt werden" (I´m German) which means something like "Current song can´t be played", although it´s not just the current song but every song that can´t  be played.

The weird thing is that it worked perfectly fine for months. Then completely out of the blue without me changing anything it stopped working and I don´t have a single clue why.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

I am having the exact same issue with a similar Behringer interface. Can't find ANY solutions either. 

I have kind of a solution. I had the same problem and the music will only play when i change the Audio canal. For instance From Headset to Speakers. But i dont know hoe to get the music playing on the audio canal i want.

SOLVED!!

I have restarted the program and the machine (win 10). I also did the longest version of removing Spotify and reinstalling. Nothing helped...

Until I made in Windows: start > setting > system > sound > Advance Sounds Options > scroll down bottom you will see Reset.  After resetting the win sound system it played all songs without restarting/-installing anything.

Unfortunately, not for me. Just tried it again - basically kept Spotify for the car, use desktop to organize playlists but still, this many years later, no fix at all. The time I tried to go one on one with a Spotify employee to get it fixed? Basically, in a nutshell, my problem was my fault for not double-checking that the audio interface worked with Spotify before buying the interface. As in, that's what I supposedly should have made my purchase decision revolve around, the Spotify desktop app. 

Nevermind that Spotify is legit the one thing that doesn't, hasn't, and still won't work through my Behringer - uh, somehow me and my equipment are wrong, Spotify is right, and I'll just have to deal with it or use something else. 

So? Spotify in the car, vinyl in the house. Problem solved, Spotify. My wife uses the app way more than me anyways. Y'all could've really **bleep** some artists out o' money with me, considering how much music I play on any given day, but instead, you got crummy with a customer - I never forgot that, and I don't think I will. Looks like I'll be buying direct from artists. Sorry about your business model. 

Suggested posts