Spotify won't play songs from search

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I search a song in the spotify app, it will not let me play it. I can click on the play button, but nothing happens. I can only play songs form my library. I have already tried to logout, restart my computer, delete and reinstall the app, and also reset my audio drivers. However, I am able to listen to songs from search on my phone and the web player. What can I do to resolve this issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Bixelhec,

In case the reinstall doesn't help you out and you can still only play tracks which are added to Your Library, you're most likely experiencing this Ongoing Issue we have under investigation. Please take a look 🙂

If you're affected by the same thing, I'd suggest adding a Vote to the thread and subscribing to it to stay on top of any new updates.

Cheers! 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there.

Have you tried a clean install?

Marked as solution

Hey @Bixelhec,

In case the reinstall doesn't help you out and you can still only play tracks which are added to Your Library, you're most likely experiencing this Ongoing Issue we have under investigation. Please take a look 🙂

If you're affected by the same thing, I'd suggest adding a Vote to the thread and subscribing to it to stay on top of any new updates.

Cheers! 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts