Premium

Country

Australia

Device

PC 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi guys, recently got a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 for my birthday.

Tried to connect them to my PC to listen to music however my PC didn't have bluetooth, so I went out and bought an adapter.

Came home connected them up all good. Youtube plays through them on my PC and I can hear the windows sounds. However nothing when in spotify. I tried looking at the mixer and thats not muted.

Did turn on my speakers and they were playing through there. I've looked through my sound settings and have even tried setting the default output of spotify to my headphones but nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated.

34 Replies

guerrero_dan's solution helped me with Sony WH-1000XM4. Youtube played just fine, but Spotify did not. When I went into the settings he suggested, I noticed that Spotify as an app was muted. The little speaker icon had a slash through it. Clicking that solved the problem. Thanks!

navigate to 

control panel

sound

manage audio devices

recordings

stereo mix (diabled)

re eanble it enjoy songs on spotify.

Nessylx_Gaming_2-1605082681452.png

Since you said Youtube plays through them, try using Spotify on web by going to : ' https://open.spotify.com ' and check whether the sound output is coming or not .

Also had the issue with Windows 10 and Spotify not accessing my BT headPHONES (the headSET version was accessible though). Reinstalling Spotify helped.
Thanks!

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to hear that things are now working as expected. 

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This happened to me too. To fix this problem, I went to Settings (of the actual computer itself) then to 'Bluetooth and other device settings'. Right under the Output device, I clicked 'Device properties' which brought me to a new page. I then activated 'spatial sounds' and connected it with my Bluetooth headphones.
Hope this helped 🙂

Here i just needed to adjust volume on spotify littlebit and sounds came on. Very strange.

This worked! Thank you!

its the windows app. i uninstalled and downloaded from website now its working perfect!

This worked, thanks man!

Thank you so much!!

It helped, thank you!!!

This worked for me. Thank you!

on top of the solution described by Spotify, it may help to set the wireless headphones (or ear buds if these are used) as 'default' in the Sound settings

Marked as solution

Try disabling "Headset". Then after it works, re-enable "Headset". Mine started switching for Spotify, Skype, videos, etc. automatically and working as expected.

Suggested posts