Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SpotifyWebHelper continuously crashing with new update

SpotifyWebHelper continuously crashing with new update

I am running desktop Spotify ver 0.9.15.27 on Windows 7 and ever since I updated I keep getting messages saying SpotifyWebHelper has crashed. I'll close the program, but it will launch again and the cycle starts once more. Every so often clicking on "check the web for a solution" will make it stop for a while, but eventually it will pop back uspotifywebhelper, Windows, windows 7p again. Does anyone know of a solution to this? I unchecked Allow Spotify to be started from the Web (another thread suggested to do that) and it didn't make any difference. I've also tried restarting my computer.

EDIT for clarification: When I say I close the program I mean closing SpotifyWebHelper, not Spotify itself

25 Replies

Same problem here.

Obviously Spotify is NOT reading these community boards.

Probably they lack the people/money to do something about it.

The only advice I can give you is to complain by mail at the following address: support@spotify.com.

(but don't hold your breath till you get an answer...)

FYI: I also use the Spotify app on a SAMSUNG UHD smart TV. The app is 2 years old, never updated and fails functionality and user friendliness. Just plain garbage...

Advice to the Spotify guys and girls: Take a workshop at Apple how to do things!

Hi there,

I solved the same problem as follows:

Paste in Windows Explorer Locationbar %Userprofile%\appdata\roaming and delete the Spotify folder

Paste in Windows Explorer Locationbar  %Userprofile%\appdata\local and delete the Spotify folder

If one of those folders can`t be deleted, open Taskmanager -> Processes and kill all Spotify processes

The start regedit and search for Spotify. Delete all Keys, associated with anything from Spotify.

Restart PC

Install Spotify App

Problem solved 🙂

This constant crashing is SO annoying ESPECIALLY because if you remove Spotify WebHelp from your HKCU key Spotify nevertheless insists upon repopulating the key ever time you run it. Please LET ME control what programs & services I want to run automatically.

Seriousy, is that waht I'm paying for? PLEASE FIX IT.

Indeed, you'd be better of spending some of the precious money on tuition
for your spelling ;o)

I made a typo, **bleep** of weeb.

Suggested posts