Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred list won't update between devices

Starred list won't update between devices

I'm a premium subscriber. I have Spotify installed on three devices: my home computer (Running Windows 8.1 64-bit), my laptop (Running Windows 8.1 32-bit) and my iPhone 4S. I recently cleaned up some of the playlists on my home computer, deleting a few outright and getting rid of most of my Starred list.

However, my laptop and phone have not updated. The old playlists remain, as do the songs I removed from Starred. In order to try and solve this, I have reinstalled Spotify on my laptop and phone multiple times, created and logged in with a device username and password on all devices, and removed all offline devices from my account (My home computer is syncing as I type this.) The problem persists.

This is driving me up the wall. I would like to have my playlists from my home computer on all three devices. Is there any way to solve this?

EDIT: I should mention that I currently have Spotify uninstalled on my laptop and phone. I'll reinstall it after my home PC finishes syncing. Hopefully that'll fix it.

7 Replies

That's pretty odd. I just test deleted a song from my laptop, and it updated on my Android phone instantly. Let us know if your reinstallations make any difference. It could just be that you deleted a lot at once and it's taking longer than normal to update.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It didn't. Does it usually take more than 18 hours for these playlists to update?

No, shouldn't take anywhere near that long....the delay would normally be minutes, not hours, but I did wonder if it just got held up somehow. How about trying the web player at play.spotify.com too and just see what shows up there. I have a feeling this one's gonna be tricky to troubleshoot.

dinomightSpotify Star

Well, I tried that and it still had the old playlist. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my home PC...and the old playlist came back. I reinstalled Spotify on the other two devices, and they all had the same songs. So I deleted one of the songs on my home PC, and it was deleted on all three devices. When I delted everything in Starred all at once on my home pc, however, it didn't update on the other devices.

I've heard that there's some sort of server issue where it can't move more than 330 or so songs at once. Could this be related to that?

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that particular issue, but it definitely sounds like this is a case of it not being able to keep up with a large number of edits at once. I find myself also wondering if the issue is related to the starred playlist in particular. You might try leaving that one alone for now and see what happens if you delete a higher number of tracks form a regular playlist, even if you just make a test one.

dinomightSpotify Star

Alright, I managed to fix this. What I ended up doing was uninstaling Spotify on all my devices, and then reinstalling it, one at a time. Then I went and removed tracks from the Starred list a handful at a time. It seems to have done the trick. I mean, the Starred list still reads as having 34 tracks on it that aren't there, but at least it's consistent across all devices. 🙂

Okay, glad it's mostly resolved anyway!

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts