Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred songs and playlist gone.

Starred songs and playlist gone.

Hi!

I have an old version of Spotify 0.8.3.222 (just because of its simplicity) and I'm on Windows 7 (for the same reason - just use this computer for Spotify). I just found out that many of my playlists are broken (I can see odd files in the Spotify-Roaming-Users folder) and when I yesterday logged in on the web player all of my starred songs (another reason for having an old version) is missing on my laptop.

Is there any way getting them back without (or even with) upgrading?

Also searching doesn't work.

I've tried logging in and out from all of my devices (phone, web, laptop) and no result.

I have two Premium accounts.

Regards Olle

5 Replies

Hi!

I just checked my friend's starred playlist, it still exists.
I guess your Spotify version is starting to die. : ( version 0.9.15 works well tho.

I haven't found a way how to delete a Starred playlist...
I cannot see my own Starred playlist on open.spotify.com. I do see it on play.spotify.com. You can go to that address using Internet Explorer.
Now, if you can see it there, better put it into a separate playlist, Starred seems to go soon.

Let me know how it goes!

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for your answer Seb!

The thing is that I have prevented Spotify from upgrading itself by putting extensions to the files on my laptop so Spotify can't upgrade. I'm pretty sure there's nothing "wrong" with the old version it's just that when I log in on the web player something must have got broken. 

I had 175.000 songs starred and over 1000 playlist so getting them all back manually will take forever (and you can only manage that much music on old versions because it's just to much data to load). I can still see my "favourites" playlists but they seem to not have been updated since 2015 and they are not the exact same songs as "starred" for some reason.

I will try getting things back on track, but I'm pretty sure I will have to dig very deep to get this back to where it was..unfortunately.

Thank you anyway for your answer!

Regards

Likewise, all my Starred tracks disappeared from the desktop player (v.0.9.7.16) two days ago.

I was able to recover the list in the web player alone after recovering the "Starred" playlist from the Recover Playlists page.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/recover-playlists/

However, for me the Star function is now disabled.  I cannot "star" any track.  The star icon still exists alongside each track but a click makes it turn yellow only for a moment, and Right-clicking "star" does not work.

Which is a shame because (a) I really liked my Stars playlist; (b) it was useful to Star favourite tracks from each week's Discover Weekly just to identify them and check them out again a month or so later from the Stars playlist.

Yeah, starring songs was nice. It has been replaced with saving to My Music now, though.

There's a plus sign in front of each track, and clicking on it saves the track into My Music... which essentially is more of a Spotify record collection for the user than a playlist. I assume that's not visible in your Spotify clients for they are older than My Music, I guess.
(You can save up to 10 000 songs.)

I honestly don't know what's up with the Starred playlists. 😕

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's when I cancelled Spotify Premium. I like to see which songs I've already Starred/Liked within individual albums and playlists, which is why I'd been using the older version.

It's clear that they deliberately disabled starring, EVEN FOR WE FEW using the much older version. They're tryna force us to upgrade but all they've managed to do is lose a customer here.

It's a big load of bull**bleep** and hugley frustrating. Between not knowing which songs I've already listened to and enjoyed + the commercials I'd almost rather just download songs the old fashioned way and upload to iTunes... I liked taking albums for a test run first, before downloading, but now it's just not worth it. 

Suggested posts