Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred songs list seems to be corrupt

Starred songs list seems to be corrupt

Hi, 

since a couple of weeks, the list of starred songs on my desktop Spotify seems to be corrupt: changes made in the desktop starred list are not shown in my Android. I have uninstalled both the desktop and the Android application and tried different ways of wiping the data (including having you guys reset all offline devices) but nothing seems to help. I currently copied all the starred tracks to a playlist called "***" and then unstarred them, but on my Android the songs still show up in the starred list while the playlist "***" is empty. Please help me with this as I feel I can't get any further myself. 

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It does sound like you might be having an issue relating to playlists not going into sync, I have seen it a bit lately here on the community. It has been escalated internally with Spotify, who are working on a fix. In the meantime, I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to fix that playlist for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Once you have everything sorted, don't copy more than 332 tracks into/out of any of your playlists in one go, since that seems to trigger is issues.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Done, thank you for the reply! That online contact form wasn't the easiest to find.

Suggested posts