Starting Spotify Connect on Windows Desktop App

Highlighted

Starting Spotify Connect on Windows Desktop App

-trillup-
Roadie

Hi,

I read in this forum that Spotify Connect has been implemented to the Windows Desktop App.

But how to START Spotify Connect via my Windows 10 Computer? The "Other Devices" menue is not active.

Spotify Connect activation only works via Android Smartphone and after this I also can use it via Spotify Desptop?

Spotify Premium

Latest Windows 10 version on Surface Pro 2017

3 Replies

Re: Starting Spotify Connect on Windows Desktop App

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @-trillup-

Spotify Connect will detect and enlist any device running Spotify with your account logged in. It will also find your paired speakers, such as Sonos.

When none of the devices are currently available, Spotify Connect's list stays empty.

But as soon as you open the web player for example, you'll see that in the device list right away.

You can also read this article for more information. :)

If you need more help, let me know!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

-trillup-
Roadie

Hi Sebasty,

thanks for prompt reply.

When I open Spotify Desktop App OR Web Browser (Firefox), NO device will be detected.

So I open the Spotify app at my Android Smartphone, because there I can see ALL connected devices. So I choose my Chromecast connected to my HiFi-System.

ONLY AFTER THIS I can use Chromecast or other devices via Desktop app AND Webbrowser.

In each case I have to use the Android Spotify App first.

Is there a possibility to avoid this detour?

Greetings

Frank

Spotify.PNG

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

@-trillup-

Unfortunately Chromecast won't show up in desktop's device list. Here's the Idea thread for this with the current update for this.

Spotify will let know in that thread when they redecide on this suggestion. Also, feel free to leave your feedback in there. :)

Sorry about that; have a nice day!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS