Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a song, short loop in the beginning (windows desktop)

Starting a song, short loop in the beginning (windows desktop)

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Device

Windows PC, Desktop App (exe)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When i launch the program and start a song right away, it will start playing for 2-3 seconds and then i get a loop and second 2-3 are played again, but the song will not start  completely from the beginning, then it plays normally and so do all songs afterwards.

except if i choose another playlist for example and start another song manually, then it will happen again.

but also not always, sometimes it works sometimes not.

never seen this problem before, until i updated the porgram today.

is this a known issue? i couldnt find anything.

thanks

316 Replies

Video of the problem

Mine does it longer, probably because I got a CPU from 2011 in my PC.

Yeah, I've noticed this since yesterday, I guess. I hope they'll fix this issue soon.

Same here, I hope they fix this since it's annoying on some songs.

Downloaded from the Spotify website.

Spotify Version: 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

This seems to generally only be happening with Windows 7 devices. For me, it started happening two days ago on the 20th, and it's pretty annoying. While it may only be a mild inconvenience at worst, it can ruin those moments where you want to hear a single song on repeat, or when you're in the mood for a specific song. I haven't found a fix for this, so I really hope they fix this soon.

I have this issue on a Windows 10 device.

I've tried clean reinstalling Spotify, but I still get the same looping issue, tried that the first day it started happening because I thought the app got corrupted after an update.

Can you guys make a setting in the app where you can turn off Automatic Updates? I want the setting so I can prevent getting updates that introduce bugs like this one.

At least I know that I'm not the only person dealing with this and I hope this is fixed soon.

I thought there was something wrong with my device, I am relived to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I hope they fix it soon!

Hey folks,

Thanks for flagging this with us.

In order to investigate why this might be happening, can you provide the following info:

• Device model, OS version and Spotify version for the device which this is happening on.
  • What troubleshooting have you gone through so far?
  • A short video recording of the issue. You can add it as an attachment to your reply or as a link to an external video sharing platform.

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This one right here! Exactly this thing. I completely agree with AmbassadorLaZer and the others. This happened 3 days ago and I've been looking for a fix since then. I've tried reinstalling and other methods mentioned in the guidelines but it just doesn't seem to work. I like to listen to a specific song on repeat very much and it really pains me to listen to this every time :'(

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to hear that you have this issue and we'd like to take a closer look into this.

Can you start with removing all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick it can be worth trying a clean reinstall as this will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to hear that you have this issue and we'd like to take a closer look into this.

Can you start with removing all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0

@Krish_Garg and @Luna_StarfallIf - great job with trying out the clean reinstall.  @heheheha - we suggest that you try this as well just to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers 🙂 

JeremyModerator

Hi there folks,

If that doesn't do the trick it can be worth trying a clean reinstall as this will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers 🙂 

JeremyModerator

hi again i catched the moment that was happening, none of these songs have a repeating part like that and right now i tried to download the files (.MOV) but page seems to not accept any types of recordings so i changed the types of the files to .zip, hope this helps!

Hi there,

I've opened the hosts file and nothing in it contained Spotify. I've done a clean reinstall as well, making sure there weren't any remaining files in AppData. When I first opened Spotify after the clean reinstall, it worked normally. After closing and opening it, the problem occurred again.

@Jeremy The Hosts file is empty. There is no text when I open it as a administrator in notepad. Also its size is 0 Bytes

The Hosts file is empty. There is no text when I open it as a administrator in notepad. Also its size is 0 Bytes

Screenshot (195).png

Hi Jeremy thanks for the reply,

There was nothing related to spotify in my hosts file so no changes were made. The issue does still persist as of this morning as well just to let you know.

Suggested posts