Stop the sync between devices

Highlighted

Stop the sync between devices

Visitor

I want to prevent Spotify synchronizing between the devices I use. When I'm in the office of in the car I like to listen to certain songs, but while I'm at home on my desktop I want to listen to different sort of music.

Please do not suggest use playlists, because that is not a solution, but merely a workaround. There is no way I will remember at what song I stopped listening on my PC the day before, I just want to resume from where I left off without thinking about it. Thanks in advance

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Stop the sync between devices

Hey there @emrecetinel!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for the question.

The way Spotify works now doesn't allow having separate streaming sessions without synchronization between your devices.

As you mention you could create playlists for different occasions and choose the music you'd like to hear on different platforms.

You can take a look at this page to see how to check your listning history on desktop so that you could keep track of the tunes you've played last.

Hopefully this shines some light on the situation. Let us know if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Re: Stop the sync between devices

Visitor

This is the least helpful response I have ever seen.  Please allow us to break the queue syncing.  Sure, prevent songs from being played on multiple devices, but don't sync the queues.  Allow us to DISABLE Spotify Connect.  Please!!!!

SUGGESTED POSTS