Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stream ONE stream to multiple Sonos Speakers?

Solved!

Stream ONE stream to multiple Sonos Speakers?

Hey Dear Lovers of Good Music :),

I installed Sonos Connect today and can't find a way to stream the same stream to multiple Sonos Speakers.

There was an update on this feature idea about 2 years ago over here

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Connect-Multiple-Speakers-Devices-simultaneously/idi-p/6...

But no further update. Is there such a feature? I'd find it tremendously helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

All the best,

Sebastian 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @spmkde.

Thanks for posting your question in the Community ๐Ÿ™‚

We currenlty don't have any further updates on the idea, but rest assured that we do keep our ideas updated and we take in account any new votes, so make sure to add yours to the idea if you haven't already.

Hope that helps! Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @spmkde.

Thanks for posting your question in the Community ๐Ÿ™‚

We currenlty don't have any further updates on the idea, but rest assured that we do keep our ideas updated and we take in account any new votes, so make sure to add yours to the idea if you haven't already.

Hope that helps! Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey Peter,

thanks for letting me know (and lighting a small fire of hope there ๐Ÿ˜‰). I wasn't aware of the vote feature, but have now cast a vote. 

Could you maybe update the last status update on the thread the I referred to with a hint towards the Vote feature? Currently it only mentions kudos and comments.

Mentioning "Vote" also would be helpful for all parties involved I think.

Excellent. ๐Ÿ™ Sebastian

In the Sonos app, go to Rooms. Then "Group" the speakers/rooms together as a single group.

Next, open Spotify. Under Devices you will now see the name of one of your speakers and then + number based on the number of speakers grouped. This will allow you to use Spotify Connect to grouped speakers. 

True as that may be, itโ€™s a lot of work to just listen to music. Itโ€™s like going backwards in time: I now need to use TWO apps to listen not music.

You still only need one, the Sonos app. 

Spotify Connect protocol doesnโ€™t support multi-device streaming without separate grouping in another app. 

Alternatively if you have iOS you can Airplay the Spotify to the speakers separately. Use airplay instead of Spotify connect and the iOS natively supports multiple AirPlay 2 speakers to be streamed to. 

Suggested posts