Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Strongly dislike getting all the albums added to my playlist when clicking play on recent one

Strongly dislike getting all the albums added to my playlist when clicking play on recent one

Plan

Free/Premium

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I strongly dislike getting all the albums added to my playlist when clicking play on recent one. I.e. if an artist has albums from 1990 - 2010, clickining play in the album list on an album from 2008 will add all albums 2008 - 1990 to the playlist. Annoying as I want to be in control and not getting spammed!

5 Replies

Hey there, @dukhat2259!

Pressing play on a song on an artist's page will queue all the songs from that artist. If you'd like to listen to just one album, simply click on the album to bring you to its' dedicated page before queuing your songs.

Hope this helps!

Nope, I'm not clicking on a song, I'm clicking on an album in the album listing - actually implying that I would like to listen to that specific album ONLY!

So you're clicking on the album's name to go to the album page, and it's still queuing all of the artist's songs? Remember that to queue a specific album, you have to click on the album's name before clicking play on the album art cover.

If that doesn't work, you can try right-clicking the album and pressing the 'Add to Queue' button.

No, I don't want any workarounds for a crappy implementation!

Look, this is too complicated to understand:

1. Let's go to the artist page for, say,  "Antonio Vivaldi"

2. Scroll to the Albums section and hover over, say, "Vivaldi: Il grosso mogul – Violin Concertos & Sonatas" from 2018.

3. The UI shows a play button over the square album graphic, but when clicked that album and umpteen others get shoved into the play queue.

Bad UX in a nutshell!

I understand why you are frustrated. If you would like Spotify to take your idea into consideration, I would encourage you to submit it here. The Spotify team are always looking for ways to improve their product 🙂

Suggested posts