Unlimited

Country

USA

Device

Desktop Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This issue showed up when using the Spotify Desktop Client.  I was choosing to broadcast to my Echo Dot, and at the conclusion of a song (not the last song on the album), Spotify started playing a track from a different album.  

When I brought up the Spotify Client, it showed the "Shuffle" option as selected, and unselecting it did nothing.  Furthermore, whenever I tried to select specific songs to play, Spotify started playing a completely different album than the song I selected.  

Both issues persisted after closing and restarting Spotify.  Switching to "This Computer" as my audio output let me turn off shuffle, but switching back to "Echo Dot" locked shuffle right back on.   

Edit: The same issues occurred when I tried to use the open.spotify.com client.  Restarting the Echo Dot did nothing.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @kcostell,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if the speaker starts playing random songs even when you search for a specific song and click on it to play, or is it only when you play a playlist/ album?

Also, does this happen when you use voice commands such as: "Alexa, play [song] by [artist] ".

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @kcostell,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if the speaker starts playing random songs even when you search for a specific song and click on it to play, or is it only when you play a playlist/ album?

Also, does this happen when you use voice commands such as: "Alexa, play [song] by [artist] ".

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

Alex,

Thanks for the response.  

As it turned out, when I searched for and clicked on a specific song, it not only played the correct song, but additionally took me out of shuffle-lock.  I was able to remove shuffle and to move between tracks on an album without difficulty.  

I'm not sure how or why this worked, but it seems to be fine now.  Thank you!

Hey @kcostell,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to hear that it worked out and you can play your favorite songs in the order you want.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

@Alex, @Ver

Sorry to bother, but this issue has started up again.  Now even when I select songs from a search, it won't work while broadcasting to Echo Dot (though the same songs work fine when broadcasting to my headphones).  

When I tell Alexa to play a specific song from Spotify, it instead plays a radio station.  

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the sunsetting of Unlimited, but my most recent payment on Spotify was on 8/30, and my understanding was that I should still have access to Unlimited features through my current billing period.  

Hi there @kcostell,

We are having difficulties reproducing the issue on our end. Could you give us the exact steps to recreate this and also clarify which devices you're using and how you control what's being played on your Echo Dot (voice commands or through the desktop app)?

If you've tried any troubleshooting steps already (restart, reinstall, log out and back in) please list them as well and let us know whether any of them made a difference, then we’ll see if we can think up some other things to try.

With regards to your subscription, you can check your plan details on your account page.

Cheers - We'll be standing by 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts