Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly, nothing exists anymore

Suddenly, nothing exists anymore

Plan

Free

Device

PC - Windows 7

Operating System

Windows 7 (SP2, 64-bit)

My Question or Issue

I logged back into Spotify today after the update, and uh, after logging back in, NOTHING exists. Literally nothing. All that is on the page is the Exit button and some configurations top-right. http://prntscr.com/k2umk5 << This is what I see.

I'm... deeply confused. This is the first time this happened and now it keeps happening.

12 Replies

Hey @BoggyTheAmazing! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Hey @BoggyTheAmazing,

That sucks! Have you tried to do a clean reinstall of Spotify? If you haven't there is a guide here: Spotify Clean Reinstallation guide and it will help you get a proper fresh install of Spotify and see if that fixes it?

If it doesn't, just let me know and I will try and find another fix for you!

Looking forward to your reply!

Did just that, now it's claiming that there's a firewall blocking it (There isn't, I made sure Windows Firewall was disabled) and told me that I can alternatively change the proxy. I checked and it's on Auto Detect. Error code is 17. Any clues?

Hey @BoggyTheAmazing,

Have you had a look at your hosts file? It may have an entry that is causing issues?

If you head to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts open the file with a text editor. (Notepad will do fine if you don't have another editor you prefer) and use # to comment out all the lines other than 127.0.0.1 localhost and see if that helps!

Let me know how you go!

http://prntscr.com/k2v3ui This is what it looks like now. Is this fine?

Yep! Looks the same as mine and mine works so you should be fine there!

The issue is still there though, and I'm not sure what else to try.

I should also add, perhaps try clearing your Temp folder as that may cause issues sometimes too!

Just open run (Windows + R) and type '%temp%' (without the quotes, of course, you knew that already :P) and delete everything in there.

Let me know if that helps!

Did that too, and I gotta thank you for being eager to help, but this didn't really help either...

No need to thank me @BoggyTheAmazing! I appreciate it though!

It's annoying it still isn't fixed. If you have a look in C:\Users\*User*\AppData\Roaming and if there is a Spotify folder in there, try deleting it.

Let me know how you go!

Just tried, same issue again. http://prntscr.com/k2w3k2

Hey @BoggyTheAmazing,

Sorry for the delay. Are you still having the same issue? 

Just to check, did you remove the com.spotify.Client folder when you reinstalled the app? 

If reinstalling doesn't help still, could you try switching your router off and on? We know it sounds simple, but we'd also recommend turning your device off and on too. 

Let us know how it goes!

Suggested posts