Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Surface Goes to Sleep

Surface Goes to Sleep

I've got a Surface Pro 3 (Windows 8.1) and very annoyingly it stops playing music everytime the screen goes to sleep, I'm sure the screen should just turn off without Spotify stopping as well. As soon as I wake it up Spotify resumes playing.

Is this a spotify issue or a Surface issue, I'm sure playing media should continue when the device goes to sleep?

Cheers,

John

81 Replies

Yes, but that is not the issue this topic is about. The issue is that Windows, on its Surface line, offers something called 'connected standby', which means that you can play music while the laptop is on standby. Spotify does not support this. Groove used to support it, but it's not here anymore. So what you are suggesting, lol0909dnhsbhd, is a nice work-around. Thank you for that, but we are still waiting for Spotify to inform us regarding this issue.

Cmon Spotify developers... you're one of the two major music streaming services, probably the most used one and still there're milions of people who can't listen music on their pc because your app don't provide support to connected standby (modern standby). You can't just continue ignoring this issue! It mustn't be so difficult to solve! Please.

Suggested posts