Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch account feature removed?

Switch account feature removed?

Hey, me and my girlfriend uses the same user account on my PC. We both have Spotify accounts, and until recently we were able to switch accounts by clicking the down arrow next to my profile name and select switch accounts. This feature recently disappeared, as in, the option is not available from the drop down menu anymore.

Today i tried reinstalling spotify to solve another issue, at which point the feature reappeared. However, i had to reinstall Spotify once more, at which point the option went missing again. Several reinstalls has not helped in bringing the account switch feature back.

Searching the forums for help showed a result saying that account switching has not been implemented as of 31/08/2017, but we definitively were using this feature before that. What is actually going on here?

4 Replies

here's the post i referenced, where someone stated that the feature had not yet been added:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Multi-user-account-in-one-single-Spotify...

bump

Bump, I'd like to know as well.

Bump - I want this back. Spotify devs, this is a major PITA having to log out/in to switch vs the quick switch that WAS working

Suggested posts