Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tesla web player stuck in different country

Tesla web player stuck in different country

My Spotify account country setting is Iceland and works fine. Logged in with my own Spotify account into the Tesla player however it thinks it's in Norway even though the car has been relocated to Iceland since August 2017. The Tesla/Spotify player shows top lists for Norway and the search tries to suggest norwegian results. Any idea how I can change this?

7 Replies

I have a similar issue in that I am a British expat living in Geneva, Switzerland.

I have a UK Spotify account that I also use in my MS90D however I get all SwissGerman suggestions.  

I think it must be something about where the car is first registered.

Did you find a solution with yours?

No solution yet - the car is still stuck in a norwegian musical ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

No solution yet, the car is still stuck in a Norwegian musical ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I have Tesla Model 3 bought as new from Finland. I have Spotify Premium account. In Tesla the search function cannot find Finnish artists or Finnish podcasts. Only option is to add these artists, songs and podcasts to a playlist with other Spotify session in computer, phone etc. After that, on Tesla Spotify these playlists can be found but this Finnish material added to the playlists can is seen "grayed". These grayed songs or podcasts can be played although. It seems that the Spotify of the car "thinks" to be in USA or some other area and copywrite or artists rights restrictions prevent the Spotify act as a Spotify directed to Finland? Please could you Spotify negotiate with Tesla to make Spotify in Tesla localized to the country where the car is?

Hello,

My dad owns a model s from 2016 which still is rocking awesome. But i have a question iโ€™ve been wanting to find a solution for but havenโ€™t sadly.

Whenever he starts spotify itโ€™s set to the belgian region whilst we live in the netherlands. The spotify account is dutch as well. Is there an option to make the tesla spotify app show the dutch top playlists instead of the belgian ones?

-edit The car is imported from belgium

I ended up contacting Tesla and they made a change to some regional settings that changed my Spotify to Icelandic from Norwegian (where I imported mine from).

Good luck

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!    

Keep in mind that your Tesla- vehicles come with their own Spotify accounts, that are managed by Tesla. If you experience any country issues with them, we recommend that you contact their customer support as @mariaedwards did. They'll be happy to change the setting for you. You can reach out to them here

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts