Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Spotify app makes my game (RL) crash ?

The Spotify app makes my game (RL) crash ?

Premium

Basically what's in the title. When I run the Spotify app on my secondary monitor (the game, Rocket League, being on the primary one), it makes my game randomly "not respond", and I have to force stop it. It doesn't happen when I'm not running Spotify. Any clue why it does that ?

2 Replies

Quick update. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, it keeps happening. Apparently it makes my whole system crash as the Discord voice call I was in also crahsed, had to disconnect/reconnect. The music "keeps going" but not really (the time keeps moving forward but with no sound), and when I press pause it seems to come back to the time it was at when it crashed. Could it come from some sort of sound cable failure ? My headset is connected to my controller, which is connected to the computer with a cable that isn't in a perfect shape. Any clue ?

Hey @ayciK,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

It's also important to make sure that the software is up-to-date. In case the hardware acceleration is active, we'd suggest you deactivate it. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts