Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The profile page is MINE and not yours, Spotify

The profile page is MINE and not yours, Spotify

Well, as you know Spotify introduced the terrible idea of taking control of our profile pages.

Before the intrusion:

1. Your playlists were listed on your profile page in the order you listed them in the playlist left hand navigation.

2. All your public playlists were listed.

After the intrusion:

1. Your playlists are listed on your profile public playlist page in the order Spotify decided to list them in - most popular (i.e. the lists with the most followers)

2. The number of playlists listed are limited to 50.

3. You, as a user, are not allowed to do anything at all - the display of your playlists is completely controlled by Spotify.

If you, like me, have more than 50 playlists with followers - then none of your new playlists will be displayed on your profile page. OLD and POPULAR preferred from NEW. And if you, also like me, create monthly, and highly appreciated, playlists, then there is no way for your profile visitors or followers to find these new playlists - which potentially could be far more interesting and hot than a several years old, and back then popular list.

Now there has been an update, a change, to actually display the latest playlists first on your profile page. But as soon as you click See All you're back to the above. (You might have to clear your cache to see the change take place)

Spotify, when will you get your senses back and realize that the profile page is mine, and not yours to rule and conquer? Give it back, please. To me, us, and our followers.

Thank you

5 Replies

I agree with all what @Brian says above.

People at Spotify surely think that the basic playlists they create deserve more attention that the ones crafted by users ?

Anyway, as the things are actually, there is a way to improve a bit this stupid limit of 50 playlists. Just to follow these steps.

1 - Create a playlists folder dedicated to your public playlists.

2 - Drag in this folder the playlists you want make visible to your followers.

3 - The 6 first must be the 6 you want to appear at the opening of your profile page..

now its the most  tedious step (but the only one I found for now) knowing that only 50 will appear when users will click 'see all'

4 - Under the 6 first, drag the playlists you want in the listing of 50 (the number of followers infortunately will define their position in the display,  then the only way to pass over is to make secret all the playlists you don't want visible in the 50).

To resume : If brains at Spotify would have the genius and so 'normal' idea to let users to organize and show their playlists as they want that would avoid all this waste of time.

http://www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The best place to suggest changes (as always) is over on the Ideas Exchange:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Sorting-amp-Display-options-for-playlists-in-Public-Pr...

Already done since last April and nothing improved yet. I can understand @Brian frustration who gets over 13 K followers and mine also with over 17.5 K followers.

SoundofusSpotify Star

Thank you for the tips Gerard. I pretty much already have my playlists listed in the order I want them to be displayed publicly but I guess I will have to start making playlists secret to get more of my recent playlists displayed - although the order (popularity) of how they're displayed still is not satisfying.

I can only see 4 playlists on your profile page? I assume it is the same on mine? I've unchecked the Recently Played artists display option believing that this would add more public playlists to the profile page but looking at your profile you still only have 4 lists although having hidden the recently played artists.

Thanks Brian,

That's strange that you can only see 4 playlists on my profile page. When I open it, I see 6 playlists and when I click 'see all', I see the 50.I decided.

That's said, no need to make secret all the playlists. It just needs to range, in the folder, the playlists you don't want to appear on the listing, after the 50 first.

SoundofusSpotify Star

Suggested posts