I love spotify. My only problem is the shuffle function. It's not REALLY random.
If you haven't noticed this, you're probably new to Spotify.
Current issues with the shuffle function:
- When I restart my computer, the same queue restores from a certain song. Every time. And then, I click shuffle - and it always shuffles to a next queue, which is the same one every time.
- Now I don't really know how to describe the next issue, so I'll include an explanation of what I mean: I have two identical playlists, A and B, but B has 20 more songs. I often listen to A, and when I switch to B spotify puts those specific 20 songs in the shuffling to be above all others. This is not prioritizing songs I haven't heard in a while, because there are songs I haven't heard in months:
- There are songs that I haven't heard in months. I have a 20 hour playlist, and I listen to a lot of spotify. Like 7-12 hours a week, and there are still songs I haven't heard in over 2 months.
It makes listening really annoying. I keep hearing the same songs and I'm sick of it.
- Make shuffle truly random. That's it. Just shuffle the playlist, no strings attached, and play it by the queue.
- Split shuffle into two functions - "Normal" shuffle (Which randomly shuffles your playlist), and a Smart shuffle feature, with all the features currently included like prioritizing songs you haven't heard in a while and new songs, etc.
- Store the queue for each playlist in your servers, and then retrieve it. As simple as that. That way we won't have the same queue on restart problem, and we will hear new songs as time goes by. This could be enabled by default / changable in the settings.