Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This content is not available for all songs

This content is not available for all songs

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Dell laptop

Operating System

Windows 10 x64

My Question or Issue

I cant play any song directly from Spotify on my laptop. The only thing that works is to press the play button in an album. All songs are greyed out. Can't play any playlists. This problem started to occur just today. Logging off/on doesn't work, offline mode on/off doesnt work, reinstall doesn't work.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

39 Replies

im also getting this issue, i believe it may be a DNS issue as im having a similar issue with Apex Legends (game server) as they both appear to be unavailable to me at the same time coincidentally. I have tried using Google DNS, cloudflare and a few others so far with no luck.

Hi @Triantos,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

You are correct that this could well be due to a networking situation. Have you tried to use a different network connection (like connecting via a hotspot) to see if this will make a difference for the content's availability? What other troubleshooting steps have you done? We're asking so we can give you a better advice and not to make you repeat things.

In the meantime, we can suggest to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues with the servers. See if this will shake things up for you.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Taking the same problem... I can't play some songs. 

Hey there @mulliebae,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what troubleshooting you've done so far, so that we can offer more relevant advice?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

same ,not sure whats going on. signing in and out didnt work. I use spotify in my web browser so i even tried installing the app and had the same issues there.

Hi there @wydcharlie,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread. Let's take a closer look into this together!

Can you start with letting us know if you tried all of the troubleshooting that's been provided in the thread so that we can help you in the best way as possible without repeating something that you've already done.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I experienced this same issue: all content was grayed out and not playable. 

My solution: disconnect from my VPN.

I switched to my work VPN and the next morning I noticed the issue.  Whilst still on the VPN, logging out/in to Spotify did nothing.  After disconnecting from my VPN, my Spotify app had all songs re-enabled and able to be played.

For what it's worth, my 2 cents.

I'm experiencing the issue today. I couldn't get spotify desktop to link up with my phone any more so I uninstalled it and reinstalled and now I can't play a single thing on PC.

I've tried:

1. Checking offline mode

2. changing proxy

3. it's allowed in my firewall

4. Doesn't work even without VPN

5. Several fresh reinstalls

6. Removed stuff from the hosts file

I did a bunch of other stuff too as shown in various youtube videos, like the sound settings, or resetting windows store, flush dns, nothing at all works. I can play it in the web player at least, so there's that.

I've also tried logging out and back in, sometimes logging back in will claim I have a firewall issue, which is a lie. Error code accesspoint:39 but that resolves itself when you just close and reopen the app.

Never mind, it seems to have fixed itself lol

plan Premium

country USA

device computer

Operating System  Windows 10 x64

I cant play any song directly from Spotify on my computer this song business Behzad leito this content is not available

Hey @saeedsilent,

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the issue as well?
Many thanks in advance 🙂

VasilModerator

Hello, i'm having same issue of "content not available". I already try all solutions posted here without luck.
As extra information I can tell:
- I'm logging in with Facebook account.
- Not ALL songs are greyed out but almost

- I tried to Sign out everywhere from account page and revoke all app permissions

- I noticed that logging out and try to access from web app, same songs are available, but as I log in from web then become unavailable, so I suppose this is not a network issue. it seems to be a cache problem from account  in server database.

Solved: Explicit content was turned off. That can't be turned on from web. Must install desktop app.

Solved: Explicit content was turned off. That can't be turned on from web. Must install desktop app.

I have the same problem. When trying to login / out twice in a row I get sporadic errors "Please disable your firewall...". A few tries later it will login, but I still get no content available.

I tried re-installing. I can login, but now it does not work at all (my library and playlists don't load, cannot play anything).

Web player works fine.

Hi there @Unawoko,

Thanks for the post.

Since you're getting a Firewall warning error, it's possible that networking traffic through certain ports is blocked on your computer either by a Firewall, VPN or by your network administrator (if you're using a school/ work computer or network). If that's the case, it's a good idea to whitelist the Spotify app for your firewall and to turn off any sort of VPN you might be using.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

I just started having this issue randomly today.

Ive tried: Restarting numerous times (including 2x in a row), reinstalling multiuple times, running as admin, logging in/out multiple times, deleting users, userdata, prefs.json and more as well. Nothing is working.

It is a broken mess now after the last reinstall... It now doesnt display anything on the left hand side properly. Its like im starting a new account...

The amount of problems with the desktop app is unreal. Please make something that works and is COMPATIBLE with mobile. Its beyond embarrassing that you guys havent fixed it. Its had serious desync issues for years.

Having this issue but only for a single artist. I've tried logging out restarting logging in, Clearing the cache and even restarted twice to try the sync method to no result and the version in question is

Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.15.828.g79f41970

I tried everything, but the app just grays out some specific songs, and also removes some songs from my playlist automatically. 

yea its similar situation for me, for me it just greys out all songs of a particular language

Suggested posts