Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'This song is not available' Shows for EVERY song I try to play

Solved!

'This song is not available' Shows for EVERY song I try to play

Hi!

I am unable to get spotify on my work PC to play any music. This has been an issue that has come and gone for a few weeks.

For any given track I try to play (literally any) I recieve the message 'This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.'

My spotify works fine on my phone and my home laptop (which works fine in both OSX, and bootcamp windows)

I have tried going through the process of

-logout of spotify

-delete the spotify folder inside the roaming/appdata folder

-uninstall spotify

-re-install latest version

No help. Infact, I have previously been able to play tracks that were in my cache, but can now not even do that!

60 Replies

My Spotify client updated this morning when i opened it, and now can't play anything other than my Discover Weekly.

Had the same problem on OSX macbook pro. I deleted the spotify folder in user/library/applicationsupport. Restarting spotify app and login again. Now ik can play all songs again..... Hope this helps!

I have the same issue. From one day to another I wasn't able to play ANY song on my desktop spotify. Weird is that the app works perfectly on my mobile. -.- 

Installing an older version really helps! But I also think that this cannot be the final solution to this issue!
Spotify should really do something about this!

If this helps anyone one work around i found was to unistall the current version, delete all spofity folders under Users\Bob\Appdata\ and then check all sub folders for Spofity folders.

Install the old version, works. Then it will update to the newest version next time your restart, this has been working since i did this. I dont know if this will fix it forever

i have the same problem. STILL NO SOLUTION.

oh, lets just remember: im paying for this 😄

I am also having this problem.

It started with just one or two tracks but now, more and more, tracks are coming up as "not available" and tells me to import it from my machine. I have Spotify pointed to my entire music library and all the songs in question with this error ARE on my hard drive and Spotify should be able to pull them from there.

It works completely fine on my phone, zero problems. All the songs that won't play on my computer (Windows 10 64 bit) do work on my iPhone 6+, latest iOS.

I have just recently noticed the same dialogue with my laptop that certain songs are not available and that I need to import it, yet I go to my android and I have no problems playing it.  I have no interest in messing around with my spotify files to make spotify work.  This is a paid service and I find it annoying that the only way that I can fix this problem is to be directed to a community discussion board to fix it myself.  I hope that spotify will address this with a long term solution,

Marked as solution

Hi all, 

This issue seems to have been resolved by upgrading to Windows 10. Unfortunately I dont have any solution for anyone on other operating systems, but I'm fairly certain the upgrade to Windows 10 is still free for another week or so.

Myself and many others included ARE on Windows 10 and this is still a problem, so I do not see how upgrading to it for anyone else will solve their problem, as it's very much present on Windows 10.

As of last night, brand new songs that just got added to Spotify, which I saved to some playlists, are coming up unavailable. I can barely use it on my desktop anymore and have resorted to using my phone for music while at my computer.

Why am I paying 15$/mo for this?

Once again I'm having the same issue. I had it a few months ago, then somehow it fixed itself, everything worked fine, and now I can't play any songs on desktop. And of course it's extra annoying that I'm paying for this service. So it shouldn't force me to uninstall or reinstall or do whatever, it should just work!!!

So if anyone has an easy fix - please share it. I'm using Windows 7 32-bit with no option of upgrading my OS.

I have this issue but only for songs I am trying to stream, everything that has been cached offline works perfectly fine. 

Premium user, but unable to listen to any song on streaming.

Same problem. This is a pay service. Well, not for much longer for me. Sorry.

I'm having the same problem here since today. Only cached songs are working, everything else does not ("This song is not available").

All these songs are indeed available on my Android phone.

Spotify please fix your Windows apps, this is utterly annoying!!!!!

Same issues here. Only on my Win7 computer. Phones (Android) all working fine.

This is a bit ridiculous. I've reinstalled the app while cleaning storage and other methods suggested in other threads.. I used Revo Uninstaller to make sure I got every last file and registry modification. 

Went hunting for any hidden files or configs that could be hiding. 

Made sure Windows was updated. Reboots multiple times.

No help.

I've tried other accounts and disabled my firewall completely, and still, the same issue.

I work in IT, so in a way this is a bit amusing and challenging to me, however the fact I can't use spotify while on this specific computer is frustrating.

Same thing here. I also work in IT and I have no clue why this happens 😕

I am basically on the verge of tears because of this issue. All i want is to listen to music WHICH i pay for and the Spotify app is being a nuisance :'( i have tried everything, from deleting and re-installing the app while clearing the cache to going into the settings and turning things off and back on again. If this continues im ancelling my subscription. Sorry, not sorry, spotify.

I have windows 10 and i still have this issue. i have loged in and out a heap of times and uninstalled and re installed as well.

Same problem here. Got Windows 10 - and since the Spotify update this morning, I have been unable to play any songs with the desktop app.

'This song is not available' is the error. Reinstalling the app did not help. Worked fine yesterday.

I just solved it by installing an older version 1.0.20.101

Suggested posts