Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This year, why must I log in each time i start spotify?

This year, why must I log in each time i start spotify?

Recently, as in some time in the last 4 months, Spotify requests me to login each time i start the program. This is no good, as i move from place to place and dont have internet access. Im in the remote jungle. It wasnt always like this, is this an intentional thing my spotify for licensing requirements?
Spotify version 
1.0.90.268.ga8a0ceb4

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

(PC)
Operating System

(Windows 7)

6 Replies

Hey @Rebuilder86.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The app should keep you logged in. If it doesn't, try to reinstall the app. We hope you can find a reliable internet source to do this. You can find here how to reinstall Spotify.

Before installing Spotify, try to delete the Spotify folder within Application Data > Roaming folder for a thorough reinstallation.

We hope that does the trick 🙂 Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Does that mean i will loose all the downloaded songs?
I pay per gb and its incredibly slow and basically wouldnt be able to
download the songs again.
Im a bit nervous about reinstalling for this reason.

I log in using facebook, so i push the log in with facebook button.
Could that perhaps have been overlooked in an update by spotify, and now causing me this problem?

Well i tried reinstalling using the automatic downloader, but still same thing, as soon as i close the program and reopen it, i have to log in. Please this now urgent, my wedding is on monday and this is my source of music. The venue is out of range of any kind of internet connection.

ok now this is interesting, if i unplug my computer from the internet, and open spotify, it opens logged in, PERFECT. Looking at spotify with it logged in, i plug the network cable back in and it immediately logs me out and asks for my credentials! So i guess you have some kind of thing which forces one to log in if an internet connection is detected.

Hey again @Rebuilder86

Do you have Offline Mode turned on? Try switching it off, restart the app, and see if that helps. Also, make sure you don't have any cache-clearing apps enabled/installed.

We can see that you're using an older version of Spotify. Make sure that you have your app up-to-date. Updating the app should keep your offline music saved. 

Further, do you also get logged out of Facebook.com? This could force you to log in every time. 

There's a chance that something has happened to your cached data, so you might have to remove the folder as @Guido mentioned, but this means your downloads will disappear, and have to be re-downloaded. 

Let us know how it goes!

Suggested posts