Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Three questions

Solved!

Three questions

I've got three questions...

1. What language do they speak in Belgium?

2. Why is all the print on my log-in page displayed in that language?

3. Approximately when can we expect a new update that will address and correct the many issues that ruined the last one? 

It can't come soon enough.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

To answer your questions:

1. I believe it is either French or Dutch.

2. Which log in page are you talking about? 

If you mean on the Spotify website, you can change the country (and therefore language) of the pages in the bottom right corner. 

If you mean in the Spotify client, you can set the language in the Preferences menu 😉 

3. That information is not known to the public (Spotify don't do release dates). Hopefully soon, but since not everyone has even made it onto the latest client yet, it might be a while!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

1. What language do they speak in Belgium? Dutch, French and German are the official languages.

2. Why is all the print on my log-in page displayed in that language? Probably because you're on that countries site. You can get to your countries site by going to http://spotify.com/<country 2 letter code>

3. Approximately when can we expect a new update that will address and correct the many issues that ruined the last one?  No one knows 😉

Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

To answer your questions:

1. I believe it is either French or Dutch.

2. Which log in page are you talking about? 

If you mean on the Spotify website, you can change the country (and therefore language) of the pages in the bottom right corner. 

If you mean in the Spotify client, you can set the language in the Preferences menu 😉 

3. That information is not known to the public (Spotify don't do release dates). Hopefully soon, but since not everyone has even made it onto the latest client yet, it might be a while!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

1. What language do they speak in Belgium? Dutch, French and German are the official languages.

2. Why is all the print on my log-in page displayed in that language? Probably because you're on that countries site. You can get to your countries site by going to http://spotify.com/<country 2 letter code>

3. Approximately when can we expect a new update that will address and correct the many issues that ruined the last one?  No one knows 😉

Thank you.

Thanks. I don't know what happened, a couple of days ago I went to the log-in page and whoa! So I checked the Spotify.com page and there it was again. I was convinced someone had hacked into my account and screwed it all up because I'd voiced a strongly negative opinion of the current state of Spotify (j/k). But seriously, I don't know how it got switched over to Dutch from English. 

Thanks for the info. If only the Spotify developers were so prompt in their replies. Oh, wait. I forgot. They DON'T reply.

🙂

No worries - we're here to help 😉

I also accepted a few solutions - be sure to give kudos to the posts that helped!

Suggested posts