Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Toolbar Icon Stuck Loading

Toolbar Icon Stuck Loading

Hi there,

The Spotify toolbar icon in Windows 7 seems to be stuck loading (little green bar on the left). It remains like this even after restarting my computer. It does not seem to affect performance in other ways but may be indicative of a bug and is annoying so I thought it was worth mentioning.

See attached.

All the best,

Oisin

spotify.JPG
26 Replies

I also see this issue, and, knowing Spotify, it's probably a design choice. A very... interesting design choice. I don't like it. A loading bar might make sense if updating downloaded playlists or downloading music, but if permanent the green bar is just obnoxious.

I thought that this was some temporary glitch, but it's been like this now for a while. Quite annoying. 

I have this problem also. I find it rather infuriating.I "fixed" it by replacing the icon - you can do so too: http://www.door2windows.com/how-to-change-the-icon-of-pinned-taskbar-items/

Please actually fix this Spotify.

I have this problem with the green bar too, on Windows 7. I also have another maybe related problem and that is when I click the Spotify shortcut I have pinned to the taskbar, it launches Spotify, but a the same time creates another Spotify icon that is not pinned. See the screenshot below.

spotify-bug.PNG

Problem still exists to this day

Issue still persists on 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e. Hope this doesn't get left out and will be fixed eventually because it's really annoying.

Suggested posts