Top Recommendations For You not updating

Highlighted

Re: Top Recommendations For You not updating

Music Fan

I suspect it hasn't been cut out, it's just not working for some reason.  I have seen features dissappear and then come back weeks later.  I'm guessing (and hoping) that at some point it will just spontaneously start working again.

But working or not, I still wish the "Top Recommendations" section came with a button so you could get a new set whenever you want.  I'm sure they're created by some computer algorithm, so it's not like it would take any additional manpower on Spotify's part.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi all,

Seems like we are not getting any replies from Spotify, in the meantime, you can find other sites that supply at lot of the information we want, it just takes a bit more effort. We all like making an effort, right? I found this awesome map site:

https://www.music-map.com/failure.html

In this example I searched the band Failure (highly "recommend" them) and it then shows all the bands I should maybe check out who are similar.

I hope this feeds your "discover" hunger for now until Spotify fix their issue.

🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

My recommendations have been refreshed as of today. The issue may have been fixed, but I wish we got some confirmation from the dev team.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Today this issue has finally resolved itself for me.  Not sure if it was a fix or a random glitch.  Either way, happy discovering everyone!

Highlighted

Music Fan

Me too.  Like I said, there seemed to be some glitch that had stopped it from refreshing regularly, but looks like it's been fixed.  Sounds like it's the same for everyone.

Hopefully it won't be another few weeks before it updates again.  Guessing it will go back to their normal (usually too long for me) interval.  I suspect it's weekly but don't know for sure.

Highlighted

Regular

Mine is still busted. My Discovery Weekly also hasn't curated similar artists I'm currently listening to for over a month now. Not sure why the fix didn't resolve my issue 😞

My whole app hasn't updated and I was wondering if you could help me change that.

SUGGESTED POSTS