Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transferring Spotify library to another account...is it possible?

Transferring Spotify library to another account...is it possible?

I've seen this post and everything, but I'm just in the dark about transferring my entire library to a new account, which I'm now considering since I never use my Facebook (plus Facebook is now the most lowest-common denominator piece of social media that is full of easily-offendable people).

I know how to do the whole playlist copying thing, but I have no time to painstakingly copy all 30,000+ tracks of music I have in my library. Is it possible to get help from support on doing that?

4 Replies

All you have to do if you want to change accounts is to make a new one - send a song from your old account to the new one so you can follow it - then when both accounts are following eachother just go on your new account and follow all your playlists and they transfer right over. I've just done it with more songs than you have in 5 mins!

Simple!

Your library is made up of your local files and of spotify tracks included in playlists. You can use Peter's guide for moving your playlists over and the included tracks wil be listed in your new library. Your local files will be scanned automatically the first time you run the desktop client with your new account.

Any downloaded spotify content will need to be redownloaded.

Hello!

Since I landed on this thread with a similar query, I'll update my resolution:

You can contact the customer support (move through all the FAQs, until you see the "I still need help" button). A chat box will open up which will connect you to a support agent.

You can create a new account and get Liked Songs, Playlists and Follower data transferred from the old account. But they can't transfer listening history, weekly recommends etc. to the new account. Your listening algorithm will build from scratch in the new account. If you have premium subscription, your remaining premium time can be transferred (please confirm with your agent on that), but you'll have to input payment details in the new account again.

However, if your issue (like mine) is simply that you do not wish to use Facebook to log in to Spotify because you have deactivated your Facebook account (and it gets reactivated when you log in). You can ask your agent to update your email address and send you a password reset. That way, you can use your new email and new password to log in to your current account without having to go through Facebook.

Hope this helps!

It's a very direct process with muzconvtool.  I recently used muzconvtool to transfer not only playlists from Spotify to another platform.  You should definitely check it out.

Suggested posts