Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trap music getting in release radar with wrong Tag!

Trap music getting in release radar with wrong Tag!

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify how many years will it take to get a proper tag on my artist i actually want to listen on my Release Radar and get relief from trappers getting in the way of my experience? It's getting very frustrated. Please do something!

Untitled.jpg
4 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

There is no way to manually control what song recommendations you get. It's based on your listening habits and what's most popular with other users who listen to the same genres of music as you. What we can recommend to improve your recommendations is to listen to more songs via the Search bar and not only to recommendation playlists such as the Daily Mix. Also make sure that your account is not logged in on any other device where other users might be playing music outside of your usual taste.

If you're really unhappy with what the algorithm recommends, you can consider transferring your Music library over to a new account. This way you'll keep your existing playlists, but the algorithm will be generated anew based on what you're listening to at the most recent moment.

Hope you find this info useful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Alex,

Thanks for answering. Probably you didn't understand my post. I'm mostly happy with the recommendations  with the new releases but I'll explain better. The problem  isn't the recommendations itself or about hacking my account but probably some artists found a way to get in inactive accounts to show their work. The artist The Cult is a rock band for example so if you go to the artists page (see attached  pic ) another artist is shown in latest, usually trapper or whatever, uses this account with the same name. I understand you a have a problem in tagging many years now so i recommended you should go check it because many users here have the same issue and hope for the best

Thank you

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We'd suggest you head here as the idea seems similar to your suggestion. You can add your +Vote and Subscribe so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did vote but i think you guys at spotify need to change the way an artist tags his songs because sooner or later this will harm the artist, people following the artist and therefore you. Until then ill keep doing what i always do, The blocking option!

Suggested posts