Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two bugs scrolling to current song by clicking album art

Two bugs scrolling to current song by clicking album art

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Desktop computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Bug1: 

When playing "Liked Songs" clicking on the album art brings you to the current song only if the current song is less than 150 songs from the start of the playlist. If you select a later song Spotify scrolls to index - 150. So if you are playing song 151 and click the album art the application selects the first song in the playlist and so on.

Bug2: (Edit: Resolved by re-login & reinstall)

When playing a playlist with the  "Show unavailable tracks" option selected the application selects the wrong song if any unavailable tracks are before that song in the playlist. It appears the formula is: selected_song = playing_song_index - number_of_unavailable_songs_before_playing_song.

12 Replies

Hey @mlidbo,

Thanks posting your feedback in the Community.

We'd like to try some troubleshooting and see if we can remedy this behavior. Could you log out and back in to your account two times in a row? This prompts a resynch with our servers. If that doesn't fix things, let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I followed your instructions. It seems to have helped with bug 2 but did not help with bug 1. Scrolling to the current song in Liked Songs is still completely broken if the current song is more than 150 songs into the list of songs.

If the developers ( and/or automated tests ) test with tiny collections everything will seem to work, but it is actually badly broken for any normal sized collection of music.

Hey @mlidbo,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that one of the issues was resolved. Regarding the second one - could you check your hosts file for Spotify entries and if you find any, remove them? You can find instructions on how to do this in this Spotify Answer, even though it was written for another topic.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know the exact Spotify app version you're running? It would also help the troubleshooting a lot if you could log in with a friend or family members account or on another device with you own and  see if you can replicate the behavior. That way we can determine if the root cause is account or device related.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

I'm already seeing it on two different computers.

Could you PLEASE verify that you have tested this and it works for you before you ask me to jump through more time consuming hoops like creating new accounts just to test? Because I sincerely think this is a bug and you will see the exact same behaviour if you just test it.

It is amazing how frustrating, frankly infuriating, it is to be asked to do time consuming things without any sign that you have taken the minute or two that it would take to try to replicate the problem on your end. Surely you do have easy access to spotify on all platforms. Not having that, given your role, would be insanity.

My OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Spotify Version: 1.1.46.916.g416cacf1 

Hey @mlidbo,

We appreciate your feedback and the time you took to troubleshoot this.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this issue on our end, and we haven't heard back from other users confirming the issue.

The aim of the troubleshooting steps we've posted is to test whether the root cause might lie with your account or your device.

To that end we'd appreciate it if you do try it with a friend or family members account or on another device and see if this behavior comes up there as well.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply and thanks again.

Mihail Moderator

Like I said, I have already reproduced the issue on two different computers. I don't have access to a family members account (I don't ask people to give me their passwords) but can create a new one if necessary. 

"Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this issue on our end" 

What does this actually mean specifically? 

Have you, or someone that you have personally talked to about this issue, actually tried to reproduce the problem according to my description? I apologize if I'm mistaken here, but for some reason I really doubt it and would like you to please specifically answer this question yes or no.

OK. So i tried it with a new family account member. Same exact problem. 

So then I tried it with a new free account. Same exact problem.

Then i tried it with the new free account after a fresh reinstall of spotify. Same exact problem  

So I know the answer to whether or not you have tried to replicate it on your side and the answer is infuriating. I'm a paying customer, not your beta tester!

This is a bug. Period. Please fix it!

Hey @mlidbo,

Thank you for your post and confirmation.

Can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you can let us know which versions of the app you have.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

You have not actually read the thread have you?

I am having to use an amazing amount of emotional effort not to use all caps and four letter words to describe this "customer support".

Well, you win. I give up. You can keep your bug and keep pretending it is not a bug. If this is how you treat paying customers reporting bugs it is just a huge waste of my time to even try. No wonder the app is such a glitchy mess. Your QA process is FUBAR and so is your "customer service".

Hey again @mlidbo,

We're really sorry for the confusion. 

The issue is forwarded to the right team. We can't give an exact timeline for when it would be resolved but they are aware that the app highlights the wrong song is some cases.

You can have a look here. You can leave a +VOTESubscribe to the thread for any updates and leave a comment if you'd like.

Once again - apologies for the confusion.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you Jeremy. That is a reasonable and potentially helpful response. Unfortunately I am already aware of the known bug that occurs when the list is sorted. My list of Liked Songs is not sorted for exactly this reason. So this is not the same bug. 

Also please note that this happens in Liked Songs and only in Liked Songs. It does not happen with a playlist. Just as I tell you in my initial post.

Suggested posts