Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Type to search within playlists gone?

Type to search within playlists gone?

I used to be able to just start typing when viewing my playlist on the Desktop app, and it would go to that song. Has this feature been removed? It's very annoying to have to scroll down to find specific songs, when I used to be able to just start typing.
7 Replies

Hey @trueblackshark, That seems unfortunate. Have you tried searching for a song by pressing CTRL+F? Hope this works for you!
MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have this same issue, Ctrl+F works fine but I liked the search better within playlists.

That does work, but I liked when you could just start typing. Ah well, good enough.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue we're aware of and currently looking into. Make sure to head over to this thread to keep track of updates on our progress.

Thanks!

Hey,

Just in case you are still dealing with this, uninstalling the windows store version, and downloading the installer straight from Spotify's website fixed it for me.

Hey @Curtiscm.

Thanks for posting that solution 🙂

@trueblackshark - do you want to give that a try and let us know if it works for you? 

You can download Spotify directly from this link.

Keep us posted 🙂

Hey! I tried this and it worked on the latest 1.1.7 version, on 1.1.8(.439.g8502297d) it's gone again. It sucks so much man... 😧

Suggested posts