Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Typing to find song in playlist stops at an exact match

Typing to find song in playlist stops at an exact match

I have a large playlist, so I often type the title of the song when I want to find a specific song in the playlist. 

However, if am trying to find a song with a title beginning with the exact title of another song in the playlist, everything after the exact title will be ignored. 

For example, if I am trying to find Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, but Michael Jackson's Bad is in the playlist, then typing "Bad" will scroll to and select Bad, but continuing to type " Romance" will have no effect. 

As the playlist contains a song titled A, and there are over 200 songs on the playlist starting with "A" (excluding the indefinite article), it is difficult to find such songs.

1 Reply

Hey @BradleySigma

Hm... That's weird. I just tried it myself in the desktop client, and it works well, with all spaces and everything.

Maybe you should try to reinstall the client? Click here for guidance.

However, for such song names that give a lot of results it'd be easier to use the filter, it's fast and very effective, and includes album and artist names too. You'll find it at the top of the playlist, under the playlist 'cover art'. 🙂

Let me know if you have more questions!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts