NEXT STEP

Unable to add thousands of local songs (7500+ songs) to my library

Unable to add thousands of local songs (7500+ songs) to my library

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Custom desktop PC (Ryzen 7 1800x, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, RTX 2080)

Operating System

Windows 10 64-bit

My Question or Issue

I recently upgraded to premium and am trying to integrate my local collection of music I've built up over many years--over 7,500 songs, mostly in MP3 256 or 320 format. I'm trying to add my music folder to Spotify to integrate with what songs I've also saved on Spotify, but the UI makes no indication the adding of the source folder was successful or not. If I can't integrate with my local files, Spotify is largely useless as I do not want to go back through all those artists and albums to re-add them to my Spotify library.

3 Replies

Hey @AndrewBlizard.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

First, could you try moving the original music files to another source folder, and then re-adding it to your Spotify desktop app? 

If that doesn't work, would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

It would also help if you could provide us with your Spotify app version. You can find this in the three-dots menu (top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hey Peter,

Moving 80+GB of music is not a small task. Luckily it seems Spotify eventually added (most of) the music to my local files, but gave no form of confirmation that it was happening. Very poor UX.

Version: 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7

Hey @AndrewBlizard.

Glad to hear everything's (mostly) alright now 🙂

If there's anything else we can help with, just give us a shout - we'll be right here.

Cheers!

Suggested posts