Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to add tracks to any playlist through Spotify Desktop

Solved!

Unable to add tracks to any playlist through Spotify Desktop

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

I am unable to add songs to my playlist, or any playlist for that matter through Spotify Dekstop. This issue has started recently and has made adding new tracks to my master playlist incredibly difficult.

The enclosed gif shows the issue I'm having when trying to add a track to my master playlist, Windows Media Player. It should be noted that the playlist has 10,054 tracks as of the gif, and the issue has occured prior to now (some time within the last month I believe). Note how the blue "Added this song" popup doesn't appear, as it does on the Spotify Web Player

Songs can still be added to the playlist, but it has to be done through Spotify Browser (The Web Player) instead of Spotify Desktop. This is very annoying to do. Songs can be removed from playlists in both the Spotify Web Player and Spotify Desktop, though.

GIF2.gif

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Alao,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the gif.

You mention that this happens with all of your playlists, can you confirm that that is the case also with smaller ones? If you could create a new one and try adding a couple of songs, that would help us out a lot.

In any case, it's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the device where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. Note that we recommend installing the app version from the Microsoft Store as it's best optimized for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Alao

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

We weren't able to see a .gif-image attached to your post when going through it. Could you try uploading the image again so we can have a closer look and assist you?  

Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. If it doesn't work as expected, try performing this action in a private/incognito window.

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

whoops, my post should have the gif now

Marked as solution

Hey @Alao,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the gif.

You mention that this happens with all of your playlists, can you confirm that that is the case also with smaller ones? If you could create a new one and try adding a couple of songs, that would help us out a lot.

In any case, it's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the device where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. Note that we recommend installing the app version from the Microsoft Store as it's best optimized for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have been able to add songs to smaller playlists prior to reinstallation (as seen in the provided gif).

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. Upon attempting to add a song to the Windows Media Player playlist that I was having trouble with, a popup at the top of the application stated that the playlist has been completely filled and I should start a new playlist. It did not appear again when I attempted to add another song to the Windows Media Player playlist past this point, but adding songs to other smaller playlists worked.

This leaves 2 bugs, the Spotify Web Player can bypass the max song playlist (which I will not report because it is the crux of my master playlist, no matter how tone deaf having an Billy Murray followed by Iron Butterfly followed by Supertramp followed by Klaus Wunderlich followed by 5th Dimension followed by Jimmy Durante is) and a more important bug of the Playlist Maxed Out popup not appearing (either on the Web Player or the Desktop version).

Otherwise my issue is solved, reinstalling allowed for the "Playlist is maxed out" popup to appear thus explaining why I could not add any more songs.

GIF2.gif

Suggested posts