Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to connect PC to other device with Spotify Connect since update

Unable to connect PC to other device with Spotify Connect since update

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I updated my Spotify App on PC last night and since then I am unable to connect Spotify to any device (phone, laptop, etc.). I have already tried every possible solution from troubleshooting pages (clear cache, clean reinstall, different internet connections, restarting devices/app, etc.). The strange thing is that the Spotify app on my laptop has the same version (Spotify voor Windows
1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b) but no issues whatsoever.

4 Replies

Hey @kipkrokantje,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

How is your PC connected to the internet in comparison to your laptop? Could you connect both to the internet via a hot spot from your phone and see how the behavior differs?

Have you performed some Windows updates on the desktop PC? Check the versions and compare them to the laptop.

Are you using the Microsoft Store version of the Spotify app or the one from the Spotify site? Try switching between the two.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Usually my PC is connected to the router with a powerline, but I already tried switching its connection to Wifi instead with no result. Both the PC and laptop have the same Windows Updates installed as far as I know. I usually use the Desktop app from the Spotify website, but I already tried the Microsoft Store version on both devices, again, with no result.

Can reciprocate this issue, the Desktop version of Spotify on version 1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b for Windows is completely ignored, you can play music on the Spotify Desktop App and music elsewhere, it wouldn't detect it playing on the desktop app, not even Discord recognizes what's playing - tried everything such as

- clean reinstalling Spotify and clearing every cache/registry that Spotify has made

- changing the "host" file in the System32 dir even though there's nothing there / blank txt

- signing out of every device from the Spotify settings

- restarting my computer

- restarting my router

Screenshot provided below

09-19-22 07-30 PM 027.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread and for the info shared 🙂

We've received several reports of this inconvenience. We've gone ahead and passed the relevant info to our tech folks, who are currently investigating this here. So, we recommend adding your vote by clicking on the thumbs up icon. You can also Subscribe to it in the three-dot menu; that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Again, we appreciate you reporting this inconvenience. Rest assured, our tech folks are working on this.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts