Unable to cut / paste below songs.

Solved!

Unable to cut / paste below songs.

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

As I've stated in the title, I am having trouble understanding why would you remove a feature with the UI update? I was able to cut songs with CTRL + X, then click on a song once with the left click and paste the copied/cut song below the selected one. Now I can only copy and it doesn't matter if I select a song, it will always be pasted last in the list. I like my playlists with custom order and now it's much more cancerous to edit playlists. I'd like that feature back, please. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've reported this to the right folks who are taking a closer look into this. Although we're unable to set an exact timeframe for a fix, we recommend that you keep the app updated with the latest version. That way you can make use of all fixes and improvements as soon as they're available.

We invite you to post any other remarks you may have on the new design in this thread where it's being heavily discussed. We regularly monitor it and pass on your thoughts to the relevant team.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Trust me, Mihail, I'm following that thread.  One contributor gave a helpful response though, and could help the OP of this thread.

KatsPurr's suggested adding ui.experience_override="classic" to the prefs file (located in C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming), and I confirmed this works with the current version, presently 1.1.56.595.  Of course, I worry the developers will remove this option before the issues with the new version are fixed.

The support staff really need to know about this, since I reached out to Twitter @SupportCares and the online chat, and neither provided this as an option when I asked about rolling back the version!!!

What I find really interesting is that after enabling that setting, the CTRL + X, C and V (Cut, Copy and Paste) commands are working again!  This will placate me for now, and better than finding an older version on some other website.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Yes same issue. This needs to be rectified.

I'm having the same issue, which seemed to pop up after the upgrade to 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a.  Do we know if Spotify is aware, and what they're doing about it?  I'll try to contact them and update on the progress (assuming I get any).

I have the same issue, it is very annoying. To put the songs where I want them to be I need to do an endless drag and drop. I'm generally not happy with this upgrade.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've reported this to the right folks who are taking a closer look into this. Although we're unable to set an exact timeframe for a fix, we recommend that you keep the app updated with the latest version. That way you can make use of all fixes and improvements as soon as they're available.

We invite you to post any other remarks you may have on the new design in this thread where it's being heavily discussed. We regularly monitor it and pass on your thoughts to the relevant team.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Trust me, Mihail, I'm following that thread.  One contributor gave a helpful response though, and could help the OP of this thread.

KatsPurr's suggested adding ui.experience_override="classic" to the prefs file (located in C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming), and I confirmed this works with the current version, presently 1.1.56.595.  Of course, I worry the developers will remove this option before the issues with the new version are fixed.

The support staff really need to know about this, since I reached out to Twitter @SupportCares and the online chat, and neither provided this as an option when I asked about rolling back the version!!!

What I find really interesting is that after enabling that setting, the CTRL + X, C and V (Cut, Copy and Paste) commands are working again!  This will placate me for now, and better than finding an older version on some other website.

Thanks a lot Bobkatt2000, that does work!

With the ui.experience_override="classic" solution no longer working, I hope we'll get a fix to the issue with cut not working without having to wait too many years for the fix.

please fix this jesus christ i can't stand having to drag songs in long playlists i've been thinking of migrating to another streaming service just because of this problem

I've wanted to move 3 songs in playlist. I had to go to the web version (since PC version won't even let you drag) and manually drag each one of them up about 1500 songs above! Then I visit here, seeing this is an issue going for 8 months. Come on you guys this is ridiculous.

I came here after noticing that not only is cut/copy and paste still not working but I can't even do the extremely tedious task of dragging my songs around on my playlist anymore. How did it get worse?

Copy still work, so you can Copy (Ctrl+C) + Delete, to replicate the functionality of Cut, and then Paste (Ctrl+V) so you don't need to drag, but cut still doesn't work.

Suggested posts