Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Android Phone, Google Chrome/Firefox WEB Player, WINDOWS 10 Desktop app

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I am no longer able to dislike songs or artists on either the Desktop App for windows 10, the web player for chrome AND firefox, and the app for android. As a premium user I can no longer block songs/artists.

I have to now constantly watch the application so I can skip songs I don't like. This is unacceptable for a paying user. 

3 Replies

And before I get some silly responses, yes I've tried using the ... menu

Same issue here. There is a particular playlist by an Artist called "Coffee Shop Smooth Jazz Radio" [yup, that's the name] and every time I tell Alexa to play smooth jazz, it starts the same list over and over again. And, it is a particularly annoying list, too. I don't know how to stop it, and it drives me nuts. If I can't gain control over this thing, I will cancel my Premium account and move to Amazon Music.

Hey there @Kentos and @Picha69,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

Currently the option to block an artist from being played can only be enabled on phone or tablet. Here's how:

1. Open the mobile app.
  2. Go to the artist page of the artist you don't want to hear anymore.
  3. Click the 3 dots icon_options_iphone.png (iPhone) or icon_options_android.png (Android) 
  4. And then select icon_no.png Don't play this.

Once you do, any track from a blocked artist should also no longer be playable on any device you log in to your account.

Hope this helps. We're here in case you need help with anything else.

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts