Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to download spotify desktop client Windows 7

Solved!

Unable to download spotify desktop client Windows 7

I am trying to install Spotify on my computer after it stoppped working by saying "Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL'  please, reinstall this application." 

After trying to reinstall it i get a message saying "Unable to download spotify... trying again in X seconds" 

I have tried turning off my firewall and nothing helped, tried running in compatibility mode, but it says you can't run the installation under an administrator account.

I should add that this only started happening last week and I have had spotify installed for about a year and a hald with no problems.

If anyone has a solution to this that would be great!

I have read the pinned trouble shooting thread and nothing there has helped. I have no entries in my firewall (using just the windows one) and I have even tried to download with it disabled, but still nothing.

EDIT: I also have a linux install which runs spotify fine so it doesn't seem like it would be a router/ internet issue if the linux version of it is able to access the internet.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kirillov

That's weird!

Have you made sure you have no Spotify entries in your %Appdata%? I recommend checking both Local and Roaming, and deleting any Spotify folders that are present there.
Restart after doing that and then try installing again from here.

You can also try the offline installer. It might install an older version than currently available on online installer.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kirillov

That's weird!

Have you made sure you have no Spotify entries in your %Appdata%? I recommend checking both Local and Roaming, and deleting any Spotify folders that are present there.
Restart after doing that and then try installing again from here.

You can also try the offline installer. It might install an older version than currently available on online installer.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Okay so the offline installer worked. I have version 1.0.69.336.g7edcc575 installed.

Is this the latest version and will I have to manually update it like I did this time or will it automatically update when there is a new update?

@kirillov

Glad it worked! 🙂

I think it's the latest version, actually. I downloaded the online installer yesterday to see its details (mentions the version number) and it seems to be something similar.

Let me know if you're having more questions!

SebastySpotify Star

@kirillov

Apparently I didn't reply to your question, sorry about that!

The client is supposed to receive and install future updates itself. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

I tried many times with online installer but it didn't work. finally with offline installer that you shared, I get my Spotify desktop back. thank you.

Suggested posts