Country

India

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Unable to do the following: 
1) Select all songs in a playlist for bulk actions via Edit --> Select All / Ctrl + A

2) Change the order of the songs in any playlists of my own.

3) Change the playlist cover art.

What's happening, Spotify?

5 Replies

Hey @Paqsel,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind trying a clean reinstall with your Windows 10 so as to delete any traces of your current Spotify setup and then be able to install the app from scratch to solve any temporary issues? If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sharing a screen video of the issue? It'll help us looking into it greater detail so we can get back to you with what we should do next.

Hope you'll find this useful. We're looking forward to your update and we're here to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario, 

Thanks for your reply. The clean reinstall seems to have helped me with the problem of reordering my tracks, but I'm still unable to do a "Select All" on more than one song + change the Playlist cover art.  

Screenshot (57).png

 Doubt you can tell from this screenshot but my cursor is over the cover and it doesn't give me an option to change anything. 

Hi there @psnair,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We can see from your shared screenshot that you're on a new desktop experience we're currently testing. For now, this new update is still missing some features that used to be available on the desktop app.

We understand this is not ideal, so if you'd like to be able to switch between the test version and the old design, we suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea to show your support.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

Stay safe and have a great day ahead!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
Apologies, this is my first post but I have the same issue but cant sort any playlist, rename them or change any artwork.. basically no functionality. I have tried your tip on a clean re-install as described in another post. Could you please advise how I am supposed to sort a playlist step by step as I am not seeing any options. I have already "chatted" with customer service who were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Thanks,
Chris

Looks like I'm in the same boat as @psnair.  Set up a new premium account under a new username/account to suit personal circumstances and attempting to transfer my playlists from one to the other.  Most are manageable but some have 100+ tracks in them and I have 25 playlists to work through.

"new desktop experience" is code for let's reduce the functionality and totally change it so it does not fit with the operating environment, dumb it down as much as possible and **bleep** everyone off.

I've voted (now at 372... out of your millions of members....) but in the mean time do you have any advice on how to restore or install a previous version that can actually select and deal with more than one track at a time?

Suggested posts