Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

PC, Samsung S8 Plus

Operating System

Windows 10

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Hey there!
So about two days ago my account got hacked, but thats a different story, so, assuming this may relate to my current issue. 

After recovering my playlist, I attempted to play some music but some came up with "Spotify can't play this right now... etc", which for some songs that had that problem- fixed itself... the only songs that remain to have this issue is songs by Slenderbodies (band). Everytime I try to play any of their songs (even ones I dont listen to), it comes up with the message: ""Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Is there a way to fix this?
I have tried:
1. Uninstalling spotify
2. Delete cache
3. Disabling hardware acceleration
4. deleting "local-files.bnk", through %appdata%, etc...

Thank you!

11 Replies

Hey there @YaohBoiMikes,

thanks for posting in the community !

Is this your first time trying to play this specific band on Spotify ?

If not, have you tried playing it on different devices to see if it happens there as well ?

Waiting on your update and we'll keep on from there 😃

This isnt my first time listening to this band (Love em!). I have tried on my PC, phone and tablet but they still dont work, unfortunately.

I tried playing through another account and it worked fine, but I still couldnt play it on mine.

Hey there @YaohBoiMikes,

thanks for the update.

Another account ?

I tried using my account that is connected through facebook and it allowed me to listen to the band with no problem. Would this be an account issue?

Hey there @YaohBoiMikes,

Can you please try the following :

- Settings

- Local Files

- Deselect all option

- Restart the app

I saw you had deleted all local files manualy, please if you haven't reinstalled Spotify after this action do it again just in case.

Let me know if it helps.

I tried it and it didnt work. I then reinstalled spotify but it still didnt play.

Hey there @YaohBoiMikes,

Can you please reach both account pages online (Facebook based on the regular one) and click "Sign Out Everywhere".

Than log in only to your regular account (not the FB based) and see if you can play their music.

Waiting on your update 😃

so click "sign out everywhere" on both accounts or just facebook?

Hey @YaohBoiMikes,

Sign out on both accounts then log only to the regular one and check if the song works.

It did not work unfortunately.

Suggested posts