Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unhappy with how radio/playlist radio has changed.

Unhappy with how radio/playlist radio has changed.

Allright, I have been holding this back for a while now, but now I'm really wondering what you are doing.

First you removed the ability to delete a playlist radio. Then you removed playlist radio or custom radio channels from radio tab. Now playlist radio stops after playing 3-4 hours, and now you can no longer downvote songs out of the playlist, and my question to this is, why? Why do you remove functionality?

How I would love to see playlist in the future:

Ability to downvote songs

Ability to exclude artists

Ability to make some sort of criteria on how often certain songs play

Have your custom radio channels/playlist radio channels under the radio tab.

Ability to delete the playlist radio/radio channel, so you don't have to make new playlist, move songs to new playlist, delete old playlist, make new playlist radio.

I want more flexibility and functionality.

Thank you have a good day.

8 Replies

I made a post about this a month ago and no spotify employee has said anything about it. The user base want it back. We don't want these randomly generated static playlists that you call "radios". We want control over our music. To be able to choose what we like to listen too. Not have to skip those 10 songs that I really don't like and I cannot get rid of.

Fix what you broke spotify.

They will just continue to ignore this and let this be buried at the bottom of the bottomless pit.

Absolutely, what we have now is not "radio" its just more playlists, seeing as they did away with the "more songs will load as you play" part.  We want this back Spotify, the way it was, I dont know who told you we wanted what we have now, but they were wrong.  Im just glad I get premium free with my broadband, cos Id be seriously reconsiderig my subscription if I was paying for it out of my own pocket.

Back when playlist radio was good, it felt like it had an A list and B list of musicm,  but now it's the same few songs on repeat, and impossible to have true variation, unless you make an enormous playlist, which defeat the entire purpose of playlist radio

I feel like it has gotten even worse in the last year. I used to be able to find new music thanks to starting radio off of a really small playlist, now with a moderate-sized playlist, I get the same songs repeating every thirty minutes, no new songs ever show up.

A trick, I learned, is to have multiple playlist radios, and exchange between them, they will then update themselves. I have 2 I switch between now. Also adding new tracks on playlists will update them even more. 

Damn, bumping an almost 3 year old post, better off making a new one tbh.

why, it showes that the problem persist so long and nothing is done about it... 

Suggested posts