Free

Country

UK

Device

OnePlus 5T, HP Laptop

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For the past couple weeks, I have been noticing (especially on my laptop) another device that plays music for me. It comes up as Spotify Web player (Chrome) and it has complete control of my music. Sometimes it pauses or skips songs and it is really weird. If I'm personally not playing music yet, an album called Test by 007 plays. I have never heard of this person or album, and the songs in the album are not really to my taste. I have signed out of all devices on multiple occasions to make sure that in case I left my account signed in somewhere, the account should be logged out. However, even after signing back into my laptop, the same thing happens. There is no specific time and no trigger that I noticed from the way I use the Spotify program. Could this be a hack or a bug? Or is someone who has access to my account messing with me? Currently, the issue is gone so I cannot upload a screenshot for reference, but if it occurs again, I will try to post one. Thanks for the help 🙂

4 Replies

Hey there @withwolf1,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue.

Please as a first and basic step follow the instructions provided on this help page.

In addition, you can check this "Manage you devies" page to try and disconnect the device in question.

Waiting to see how it goes 😃

hi @OneByBoo,

Thank you for your help, but after trying both links the issue has not been resolved. The reason I am not able to remove the connected device is due to the fact that it disappears from the list of devices and reappears on its own. I am not able to control it.

Hey there @withwolf1,

thanks for the update !

If you have tried the steps provided on the taken over accounts help page with no success, reach out to support through this page and have them take a closer look.

Have a great week=)

I am having the SAME PROBLEM and it is incredibly annoyonying.  My music stops and some BS track starts playing, and replaying after 20 seconds or so.  If I change to another song of mine, it goes right back to the same **bleep**.  about to cancel my premium...

Suggested posts